Silent Storm: Sentinals Issue...

The Cisco Kid

... not really.

Upgrade DirectX?

Switch graphics driver?

Sacrifice a black goat at midnight?

This isn't too encouraging lol!

I have the latest DirectX installed, but am using Beta Nvidia drivers. I'll try rolling back and see what happens.

Has anyone else gotten S3 to run on newer cards?

I'm willing to go the goat route...I really want to play this game! I certainly in my top 5 favorite PC games and is pretty close to the number one spot.

I'm not all that representative since I do all my gaming on Linux via Wine or Cedega. So any tricks I know probably won't help you :D

S2 seems to work fine for me on my nvidia 7950, though.

Hmm...I was able to run the game on an older machine w/ 2 x 7800GTXs with no problems. I'm hoping Windows Vista isn't the issue.

Thanks for the help though! I emailed the jowood support an hopefully will get a reply.

Ok so I changed the compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and played around with the other options, but still get a crash. I also changed it to have administrator rights. The game will start to load then a little white box keeps poping up saying "unsupported video card". Any other options?

Ok I have an update. I did a quick Google search for "Unsupported Video Card" and found a post by some one who had just installed the latest Nvidia Beta Drivers 163.44. He listed a few games that he could no longer play and Silent Storm was one of them. He rolled all they way back to 158.44 and was able to run the game. I did the same and am running the game pretty well.

Thanks for the help all!

• 1 year later...

There is an error if you are running a 64bit OS and have 4 gigs of ram or more, "Unsupported video card". Aside from being misleading there is very little information on forums or help sites about this error with newer computers.

Currently the best way to get around this error if you are running Vista or Windows 7 is do the following:

1. Click the start button and type "msconfig" in the run/search box.

2. Click on the "boot" tab.

3. Select the default boot setting (selected by default).

4. Click the "advanced options" button.

5. Check "maximum memory" and enter something below 4096. (3096 for example).

6. Click "ok" and click "ok" again.

7. Reboot your computer.

Please be aware this does affect your entire OS. When you are not playing Silent Storm go back and uncheck the "maximum memory" setting.

• 3 months later...

I wonder if it would be possible to create a "loader" (like the one for X-COM which turns off DirectX) for S3? That would be the easiest way since you wouldn't need to monkey around with your settings after you get done playing. :)

- Zombie

• 1 year later...
Greetings all!

It's been some time since I played S3 and decided to install it last evening on a new rig. The install of S2 and S3 went just fine with no problems with the patches. As soon as I went to fire up the game it immediately gave me an error of "can't recognize video card" and promptly crashes without even loading the game. Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm using an eVGA 8800GTS KO. Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I really really want to play again. Oh and I'm also running a 1680x1050 monitor. I'm hoping the game can support this resolution.

Thanks for the help!

Cisco

Look this. It`s work.

• 8 months later...
Hi I patch the S2 game by myself but I have the same problem with the other games(Silent Storm Sentinels, Hammer & Sickle )

Can anyone patch the .exe for this games?

Thanks and sorry if my english is bad.....

Found out that the hex fix works for patched (1.1) & cracked Sentinels, the offset is just different.

I searched for the phrase "3B C7 74 2E" and it was at "1e10" in hexedit. Changed 74 to EB and it works!

The same is with the H&S, the code is just in different place.

hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
Found out that the hex fix works for patched (1.1) & cracked Sentinels, the offset is just different.

I searched for the phrase "3B C7 74 2E" and it was at "1e10" in hexedit. Changed 74 to EB and it works!

The same is with the H&S, the code is just in different place.

hope this helps!

You can't imagine how grateful I am.

It also works with Hammer & Sickle game.

I fail in love sir :P