Internet tribute

Aralez

I understood quite the majority, save for a couple of things here and there.

What is interesting is that half of what I recognized I did not see online. Rather through the news, television, or even some other way. I don't think that some of that really belongs on "internet people" simply because they weren't made famous by the internet. (The Oprah/Tom Cruise part, for example.)

I wonder...how much of it is actually more based around USA culture/happenings. I find it interesting that both BB and myself understood less than half of it. Perhaps it really is more about culture in USA, through the medium of internet, rather than just about internet itself. As you said, Strong Bob, most of the stuff started elsewhere, and I'm guessing the less than half bit that BB and I got are the bits that are purely internet based.

You're probably right.

I'm surprised it made no mention of the Hong Kong cusser on the train or any of those Korean born Warcraft/Starcraft memes. THOSE are much more worthy of being exclusively internet fame. (Then again, the topics of that song are limited to whatever the writer was actually aware of online. Ha)