Alien Commander *Spoiler*


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zaljin

Zaljin

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:28 AM

Hey guys,

Im at the begginig of my assault of a Alien base, with Snake guys and big claw guys.  (Sorry dont know there "real" names) Anyway the intel that I have gathered says that there is a Commander in bases and in Battleships. So How do I see that is a commander and a normal grunt or what ever. I got a guy with 4 stun rockets. And Im edgy to get my hands on a commander stun him and experiment on.... sorry starting to babbling here. Anyway How to you see a commander from the normal crowd and if you dont... help. Anyway thanks for the help guys.

Zaljin

#2 Dix

Dix

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:13 AM

View PostZaljin, on 31st August 2007, 8:28am, said:

Hey guys,

Im at the begginig of my assault of a Alien base, with Snake guys and big claw guys.  (Sorry dont know there "real" names) Anyway the intel that I have gathered says that there is a Commander in bases and in Battleships. So How do I see that is a commander and a normal grunt or what ever. I got a guy with 4 stun rockets. And Im edgy to get my hands on a commander stun him and experiment on.... sorry starting to babbling here. Anyway How to you see a commander from the normal crowd and if you dont... help. Anyway thanks for the help guys.

Zaljin

Commanders will be green. And occasionally inclined to feast upon the smoking remains of your hapless troops, from what I recall.

(single vipon commander with ion pistol took out five of my troops before falling to  about the tenth plasma shot to hit him. This is while he was fighting inside a cloud of stun gas from a stun grenade, and having already been hit by a couple of plasma grenades.
My reactions went something like follows: :grey: -> :no2: -> :) -> :blush: -> :wub: )

#3 illegal youth

illegal youth

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:21 PM

only vipons ("snake guys") will have green commanders.  the other races who have commanders (preachers, phantoms, maybe one other... i can't recall) have a different indicator -- usually the commander is a slightly different color than the soldier of that race.  still, it's difficult to tell with preachers and phantoms.  bman's mod has a feature that puts a gold box around the alien sighted graphic that appears in the bottom right corner of the tactical screen for commanders.  that'd be the easiest way to know if the alien you see is a commander.

#4 Zaljin

Zaljin

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:41 PM

I see thanks guys for such a fast replies on my question... I havent faced such hard of guys as you have DIX but there was one he could take a licking. I hit him with a rocket from a tank (first one), and then some heavy fire from laser rifes (6-7 shoots... I think lost count) Ok so differnt looking then a normal grunt... greener... gottcha they will pray mercy from.... me!!! haha. Ok Thanks guys. Now time to battle another base... my 2nd one. (Also do you guys know how to make money quick running a little low since my production of laser rifes, heavy and clips to both of them)

#5 illegal youth

illegal youth

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

making money is pretty difficult in UFO: ET.  no produced item can be sold for a profit (after factoring in engineer salaries).  the only other ways to make money are to sell researched alien artifacts (if you sell them before you research them you won't get as much money) and the money provided by the different territories.  if you put a base in each territory, you can make a maximum of something close to $600k or $700k from each territory.

your best bet to compensate is to install bman's mod and give yourself an alien bounty (i put the bounty at $20,00 -- the same price you'd get for selling an alien corpse in XCOM).  with the bounty, just going on missions should be enough to make a decent amount of money.

#6 bman654

bman654

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

<ignore me>

#7 Dix

Dix

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:30 AM

You should definitely put bases in most territories, as it will make their monthly payments rise a lot (although they won't rise instantly).
It's a good idea to leave one territory undefended, though, for the aliens to build their bases in. So that you can then go and raid them, for fun & profit. :blush:

As Illegal Youth said, don't sell any captured alien equipment, espicially UFO components, without researching them first, or you willl lose a lot of money - item selling prices increase drastically once they are researched.

(Oh, and I wouldn't worry about my super commander, he seems to be a once-off. Destroyers and preachers, on the other hand...)

#8 sangrahl

sangrahl

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

View PostDix, on 31st August 2007, 6:13am, said:

Commanders will be green. And occasionally inclined to feast upon the smoking remains of your hapless troops, from what I recall.

(single vipon commander with ion pistol took out five of my troops before falling to  about the tenth plasma shot to hit him. This is while he was fighting inside a cloud of stun gas from a stun grenade, and having already been hit by a couple of plasma grenades.
My reactions went something like follows: :grey: -> :no2: -> :) -> :blush: -> :wub: )
I had the same 1st encounter with a Vipon Commander.

My problem: He was outside and behind one wing of my Ranger.  (Sniped 4 guys just exiting the craft... 5th guy got winged and was able to shove a Explosive Rocket down his throat...  ::sigh:: I forgot to replace the load w/ Stun prior to mission launch.  GAH.)

Worst nasty surprise was discovering that Bman was studious with his coding of the XCom Alien Cyberdisks...  Nuked 5 guys during a Breach'n'Sweep of a downed Fighter.

#9 Dix

Dix

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:24 PM

View Postsangrahl, on 4th September 2007, 5:18pm, said:

I had the same 1st encounter with a Vipon Commander.

My problem: He was outside and behind one wing of my Ranger.  (Sniped 4 guys just exiting the craft... 5th guy got winged and was able to shove a Explosive Rocket down his throat...  ::sigh:: I forgot to replace the load w/ Stun prior to mission launch.  GAH.)

Worst nasty surprise was discovering that Bman was studious with his coding of the XCom Alien Cyberdisks...  Nuked 5 guys during a Breach'n'Sweep of a downed Fighter.

lol, I remember Cyberdiscs from X-Com... cyberdisc coming round the corner + reaction fire = large hole in the scenery where my squad used to be




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users