Project Xenocide may have been quiet lately (last release was #728 on 11-2005), but they have been working very hard to get a new version out:
Project Xenocide Team said:
This [Progress Release #1686] is based on the new code fresh out of the XNA/C# trunk. This might not have as much eye candy as the old versions, but functionality is greatly improved.
Dteviot (who is the new Programming Department head) has been single-handedly converting the old C++ code over to XNA/C# as well as programming the Geoscape and GUI interfaces. Other contributions include:
- Red Knight: Research System Code.
- Rincewind: Research System Code, Scheduler design.
- Darkside: Planet, PlanetRegions, Cities & GeoBitmap
- Azrael: Creative Text Department, Research Tree
- Zombie: Stats for just about everything.
- Darkhomb: Planet bitmaps.
- Mad: Creative Text Department.
- SaintD: GeoBitmap unit tests.
- Mindstormmaster: Providing and maintaining Subversion repository and forum
As always, you can download the latest release in our Files Section.
My X-COM Patch Kit For UFO Defense | Emergency XCOM Meeting spoof on YouTube
Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!