Project Xenocide Progress Release 1686

Zombie

Project Xenocide may have been quiet lately (last release was #728 on 11-2005), but they have been working very hard to get a new version out:

This [Progress Release #1686] is based on the new code fresh out of the XNA/C# trunk. This might not have as much eye candy as the old versions, but functionality is greatly improved.

fina2l.jpg FInal01.jpg geoblue.jpg

Dteviot (who is the new Programming Department head) has been single-handedly converting the old C++ code over to XNA/C# as well as programming the Geoscape and GUI interfaces. Other contributions include:

• Red Knight: Research System Code.
  • Rincewind: Research System Code, Scheduler design.
  • Darkside: Planet, PlanetRegions, Cities & GeoBitmap
  • Azrael: Creative Text Department, Research Tree
  • Zombie: Stats for just about everything.
  • Darkhomb: Planet bitmaps.
  • Mad: Creative Text Department.
  • SaintD: GeoBitmap unit tests.
  • Mindstormmaster: Providing and maintaining Subversion repository and forum

As always, you can download the latest release in our Files Section.

Greetings,

I downloaded the demo, unzipped it and tried to run the executable and it crashed. I tried to get the Microsloth error reporter to give up some information and although it will tell you what it is going to report, it won't let you copy it. That would obviously be too useful! <grrrr> Anyway, I did a snapshot of the first page if it's any use to anyone I could upload it somewhere.

Take Care,

Koloth

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you unable to run the progress release for any reason, there is a short video of the game at YouTube. Let me stress that this is not a gameplay video, it is just a short clip showing differences. The PX team is hoping to get a video with all the new features out soon. :blush:

- Zombie