Changing Camera Angles

Pillage

Being my first post I'd just like to say that I can't believe me and a mate went so many years without finding this game (meaning most forum activity has ceased), we've only been playing for a couple of months. However I have been looking into how to be able to rotate the camera to ground level. with a bit of searching I came up with some settings that do what I want almost perfectly. The camera info formerly stored on s2hq has been lost (I believe), but I found this description on the nival forums...

mission_camera_limits 40 5 100 -1.5 -0.2
 mission_camera_softlimits 40 5 100 -1.5 -0.2

::From S2HQ.com::
 The numbers in these commands mean:
1st number : Field of View  (Degrees)
2nd number : Zoom in limit
3rd number: Zoom out limit (Max  100)
4th number - Minimum Pitch (in Radians) (Higher View)
5th number -  Maximum Pitch (In radians) (Lower View)"

What this doesn't tell me (if it's at all possible) is if/where I can move the point around which the camera rotates, atm it rotates around my characters feet so when zoomed in all I see is grass and boots. Is it possible to move this point to be at about shoulder height?

Are you trying to lock the camera angles over the mercs' shoulders? Then remove possibility to view map free. If so (it sounds pretty nice idea... at least in theory), then just change those angle numbers and test in game. I have never tried so I dunno exact coordinate values for yours "only shoulders view(?)".

There is also complete free camera modes which can be set via console (scripts). If I don't remember wrong they were:

CameraMode( PC )

CameraMode( MAYA )

CameraMode( FPS )

(or just cameramode PC/MAYA/FPS ?) :blush:

camera control should be enabled through the menu..

far to few options there..

i dont like maya camera view.. just cause it converts domr moving directions..

its the best to go trough walls and stuff so i use it at special szenes..

try to change the camera settings in the autoexec.cfg

you find help at the camera-section at s2hq or just use these:

mission_camera_limits 30 1 90 -1.8 -0.05

mission_camera_softlimits 30 1 90 -1.8 -0.05

mission_camera_zoom_speed 0.3

mission_camera_pitch_speed 5

mission_camera_yaw_speed 1.5

mission_camera_scroll_speed 1.5

this gives you a better zoom possibility to zoom near and far.

camera scroll speed in my cfg speed is higher too

Btw, one easy way to add first person camera angle - view from eyes. It's not for pointing and giving orders (using cursor). It's just for fun.

Open \cfg\input.cfg file add line:

bind eyeview 'F11'

Are you trying to lock the camera angles over the mercs' shoulders?

Actually, no (good idea though). By default the camera rotates around any given point at ground level, what I'd like to change is to raise it and have it rotate around any point about 5 feet above the ground.

Thanks for this command by the way... bind eyeview 'F11' :blush:

Can't do that in the standard camera mode, I'm afraid. Looks like using "cameramode FPS" in the console is the only way to get a camera with adjustable height.

Lost? Pff. Nothing is ever lost. We have archive.org!

https://web.archive.org/web/20031124114249/...ng=en&pg=50

AWESOME! What happened there on the S2HQ? Everything just disappeared! Last time I fired up this game, S2HQ and the camera hacks and mods totally made the game! Nice to see a link back to it! Thanks!

AWESOME! What happened there on the S2HQ? Everything just disappeared! Last time I fired up this game, S2HQ and the camera hacks and mods totally made the game! Nice to see a link back to it! Thanks!

We have the site laying around. Sadly none of the staff has had time to port it into StrategyCore. S2HQ was hacked repeatedly (very old CMS system), so we couldn't keep it active. Hopefully we can get it up again soon.