UFO:ET "Alien Invasion" mod

dagorkan

it's actually called "XCOM alien invasion" since the primary function of the mod is to include the XCOM aliens in the game. plus loads of other features to make it more XCOM-like (psi, flying, stun rods, panicking)

sydaemon is working on an encumbrance mod, which is to be included in ovni's tactical mod.

the tactical mod has things like an accuracy reduction if a soldier is carrying a rifle and something in the other hand (UFO: ET vanilla allows a soldier to carry a rifle and another item without an accuracy penalty) and a tactical minimap (among other features).

the encumbrance mod will remove the strength requirements for weapons and armor and bring back a weight system for items. with sydaemon's encumbrance mod, late game rookies will be useful again, and UFO: ET will be that much closer to XCOM.

now all we need is something to fix the lighting issues!

A tip from me: Disable the Xcom Aliens when you start a new game, they are VERY hard if you have only newbie troops, ouch ouch ouch!

Yeah I noticed :blush:

First missions I was up against 11 or 12 aliens, and it was a small scout crash (with crash damage vs aliens option on)...

A Reaper, two Sectoids, and a Floater, plus a mix of the usual ET aliens.

And I was playing on the Easy difficulty level!

Next mission (just completed) was another scout crash, this time I had one Cyberdisc, two Floaters, a Reaper and more Sectoids... total of 16 aliens. I brought six of my troopers along, finished the mission with three incapacitated soldiers (two of them unconscious, one died during flight). Apart from a single Laser rifle (the first produced) I had just two rifles, shotguns and grenades.

How do five different races and 16 aliens (2 of them tank-sized) fit into an alien Scout??

Never mind, I wasn't expecting it but the challenge is fun.

How do five different races and 16 aliens (2 of them tank-sized) fit into an alien Scout??

Capture and interrogate some live xcom aliens to find out the answer to that question. Also it sounds like you are playing with the Varied UFO Crew option enabled and set to a frequent setting. That is what causes so many different race types to appear. Normally you wouldn't see more than 4 races in one combat.

Finally...I just uploaded v3.04 which has some balance changes to make the beginning game a little bit easier.

Would I have to start a new game to take advantage of the balance changes in 3.04?

I'm now on my fourth mission... I thought I was just investigating a landed UFO and it turns out it's an alien base or something. I have four soldiers (my tank was destroyed) and it's pitch black, seems I can see about eight squares or something.