Help needed with Collectors edn UFO Enemy Unknown

stevie331

Hi Everyone

Just found this board-after finding out about the new Extraterrestrial UFO style game.

So also decided to dig out my collectors edtn and play through the old games.

I'm starting back from begining UFO Enemy Unknown and although game loads I cannot view graphics there is a wavy line going flickering across screen which means you cannot view anything.

I have an NVidia graphics card and run Windows XP Pentium 4 CPU 512MB RAM.

I assume need to download patch but there are a few different ones listed here-Do i just go for the latest version-also how do I install it (I'm a bit of a technophobe) but want to have a go to get the games running again.

Ta in advince

Steve :)

Hi Bomb Bloke

I will try all your suggestions.

I had a search round on forum and noticed that "That Guy" had the same problem as me-I've PM'd him to see if he worked out how to get it working-Hopefully he did!!

Do you know whether the steam TFTD has been updated to play on XP-Might be easier to buy and download that rather than try and get it running from the CD.

Rgds Steve :)

Hi Bomb Bloke

Still no luck-I have downloaded your latest suggestion but,

I assume I put it into the particular game folder I want to play eg. into UFO Defense if that's the game I want to play and TFTD if I want to play that one-Is that correct or does it go up a directory level?

Also there are 2 exe files :

xcloader.exe

and xcom1fix.exe

do i just click on xcloader and then xcom1fix.exe to get game to run?

I'm hoping i'm doing something silly and can get game to run.

I was also looking at maybe DosBox as that seems to run the game from messages I've seen.

I dug out a copy of a box set of UFO Enemy Unknown with Syndicate and got that part running-without any patches- it froze trying to load terror mission and didn't have any sound but even if I get that working won't be able to play TFTD which is on collection box.

The only good side is I got Extraterrestrials game in post today so am going to load that up to drown me sorrows!!!

Rgds Steve