Odd performance issues

Hellbeans

Disabling a core would be my guess as well. Many games doesn't work too well with multiple cores. Vista or XP? DirectX version?

I would test some older graphics drivers, as the game is getting older. Maybe try some of the compatibility modes? Turn off antialiasing etc.?

• 10 months later...

Hello, I have the same problem with my 8800GTX, Intel Core Duo E6600 and WinXP, all engine graphics created with the Silent Storm (Hammer & Sickle, night Watch, Day watch) it is not possible play with the max settings. I have select medium quality and play OK but the effects of lighting is missing. I tried all possible drivers of nvidia (and latest 175.) and not luck.

I think that the problem is the drivers and card (for some reason) it's not compatible with this engine, more exactly with advanced lighting subengine

The problem in the file config.cfg is when setver gfx_cl = 1 my computer is about 10-20 FPS, when i put 0 my computer work normally 50-60 or more.

setvar gfx_cl = 1.00

setvar gfx_cl_blur = 1.00

setvar gfx_cl_cube_resolution = 128.00

setvar gfx_cl_sky_textures = 4.00

setvar gfx_cl_use_bump = 1.00

setvar gfx_cl_use_bump_always = 0.00

setvar gfx_cl_use_precise_shadows = 1.00

Can you help me to find another solution? The serie Silent Storm and sequels for me is the best game and i want to play with the max settings on.

Thanks.