E3 2007 - What games are you interested in?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:44 PM

The E3 Media & Business Summit will be held July 11-13 this year. Even if it's a considerably smaller event than the old E3 used to be, there's plenty of interesting games to be shown! You can find a list of companies and games they're showing at Eurogamer. Believe me when I tell you we'll try to learn some more about Fallout 3...

In addition to the companies listed there, Akella will attend. They've been kind enough to invite our reporter Mike to the event, and they have several interesting games to show. Jagged Alliance 3 and Disciples III should be on all turn-based fans radar!

If you'd like to know more about some of the games listed, feel free to send us your questions! Fallout 3, Jagged Alliance 3 and Disciples III will be checked out for sure, but there are many other great games on display. You can post your questions as a reply to this topic or send them to me through a private message.

#2 Thorondor

Thorondor

Thorondoropedia - Your source to everything Aftermath

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,017 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:52 PM

Well, there's one game in particular that I'd like you to pick the scent of, Olav.

The game formerly known as "Battle Lords" now goes under the name "King's Bounty: The Legend". Mixing real-time strategic adventure and turn-based tactical combat with RPG elements this shouldn't slip by our radar at Strategy Core.

I notice 1C Company is not listed among the attending publishers' list at EuroGamer for this year's E3, but they've announced they'll be there and with nothing less than a brand spanking new build available for playing at their booth.

page for the game at 1C with a description and some screenshots - here
the game's official site (in Russian, housed by Katauri Interactive, the developer) - here

The game was briefly mentioned in our coverage of E3 2006, so maybe it's about time we dig a little deeper.

::

Can you say 'exclusive' ?... :)

#3 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

Yes, we'll have to check out that one! I'll talk to Mike and 1C about it.

#4 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

Well, Sins of the Solar Empire. I wouln't know about the questions because I follow their forums already but they might show something exclusive on E3... Perhaps a preview arrangement could be talked about.

#5 mike9o

mike9o

Sergeant

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:36 PM

View PostSpace Voyager, on 8th July 2007, 10:37am, said:

Well, Sins of the Solar Empire. I wouln't know about the questions because I follow their forums already but they might show something exclusive on E3... Perhaps a preview arrangement could be talked about.

I looked into meeting with the distributor Stardock but they don't seem to be going.
I do have the beta version of SOSE (?) and its ok.  Maybe because its a beta, but you start off right next to other empires, so there's little chance for exploring and expanding before you're trying to exterminate your neighbor.

#6 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

How about some questions Mr. T? :)

#7 KoMik

KoMik

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

View PostSlaughter, on 8th July 2007, 8:51pm, said:

How about some questions
Hey, about Jagged Alliance 3, some questions:

Dialog system?
Is it the same what was in JA2 or/and is there now dialog trees (like Fallouts)?

Non-combatant skills?
Is it mostly based on usable items (like in JA2 and Silent Storms) or/and usable objects (like Fallouts)?
Is there any skills like speech, barter, luck and so on?

World map?
All what you can milk out of it :)

Strategy and role playing elements?
Is there factories, mines or/and other supply/collection production plants?
Any different factors and consequences in the sandbox?

Modding tools?

Yes, I got my hopes up with this game...

#8 Thorondor

Thorondor

Thorondoropedia - Your source to everything Aftermath

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,017 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

@Slaughter:

Questions, is it ? :)

Once the main hero's character class is chosen how much customisation is yet possible within that same class ? For instance, how different can two player's Paladins become from one another ?
Once at its highest level can a spell's power still be increased by caster skill or familiarity with that spell (given  repeated use) ?
It is said that enemies on the game world act dynamically in the pursuit of their own goals. How does that affect the player's own timetable if at all ? (i.e. if we move fast we might intercept a foe, or reach a place before he does)
Are there any bonus for having only units of the same ilk on the hero's retinue (such as elves and knights) or any penalties for teaming unlikely allies (such as unicorns and vampires) ?
Are combat or exploration affected by the day/night cycle ? How so ?
What is the maximum number of units that can partake in tactical combat at any one time ?
Can any units replicate themselves (or generate 'offspring') during a tactical encounter ?
How many wives are there for the taking by the handsome heroes ?

::

That's about all I can conjure up for now. But I'm sure you'll come up with plenty more by spending some time with the game... :)

#9 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

View Postmike9o, on 8th July 2007, 6:36pm, said:

I do have the beta version of SOSE (?) and its ok.  Maybe because its a beta, but you start off right next to other empires, so there's little chance for exploring and expanding before you're trying to exterminate your neighbor.
Well how about a preview?  :) Or are you a beta tester and have a non-disclosure agreement?

#10 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

Thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users