Running X-Com Apocalypse under XP / 2000

Azrael Strife

As I've been meaning to get Apocalypse running on my more current PC (technically a 5 year old PC), I thought I'd give it a try. Works like a charm too, although the game does feel a bit choppy when the sound card is set. Not a big detriment - I've just become a bit spoilt with more modern games that don't have tears in each frame update.

Been a while since I played the game, and my pair of brand new agents were wiped out by by some spitters. Still got a 50 point mission rating despite the failure thanks to the dual autocannon gunner wiping the floor with several multiworms well before the prolonged long-ranged fire exchanges with the spitters. Good times.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure this is all that is needed? After going through the whole process, I am sent to an MS-DOS screen that loads VDMsound, thanks so-and-so for the mouse patch, and suddenly sends me straight back to desktop.

What did I miss?

EDIT: Scratch that, I have managed to get the game to run. Unfortunately, the screen is garbled something fierce. Is there anything video-wise I need to do that the Readme neglects to mention?

• 2 years later...
Are you sure this is all that is needed? After going through the whole process, I am sent to an MS-DOS screen that loads VDMsound, thanks so-and-so for the mouse patch, and suddenly sends me straight back to desktop.

What did I miss?

EDIT: Scratch that, I have managed to get the game to run. Unfortunately, the screen is garbled something fierce. Is there anything video-wise I need to do that the Readme neglects to mention?

i have the same problem, i think. black and white, kinda negative looking visuals. any help. i know it's been three years since the last post but i need my xcom fix!!!