So, what did you do this weekend?

Inept Killer's week?

The best sort, thought it's preferable when they accidentally kill themselves. I'm so glad we have religion to use as an excuse for terrorism. Good lord almighty knows what excuses they would have used if not...probably something really stupid...

• 4 weeks later...
They got off very lightly.

Firstly they didn't do anything wrong yet and secondly I'm not sure ten years of prison would do them any good. The sentences they got are (IMO) educational enough yet won't destroy your life to the point where you are really left with nothing to live for. Which is (reeducation) the goal of the prison system.

Instead of some prison systems that aim to lock people up untill they are unable to do any harm. May as well kill them because they won't become constructive memebrs of society ever again.

Firstly they didn't do anything wrong yet and secondly I'm not sure ten years of prison would do them any good.

I seem to remember a time, not too long ago, when they all would have been executed for treason. And if they didn't do anything wrong, why were they punished? Like I said, they got off lightly. I hope they do reform and I think the teenage idiot will.

Firstly they didn't do anything wrong yet

Maybe not, but they certainly threatened to do something very bad, and that is very serious, even if they didn't do it/changed their minds. You must consider the gravity of the situation when you have your own population claiming they're going to join a country in war against you.

However, sentencing them severely doesn't seem to be a method of rehabilitating the ones commiting this crime. What they appear to be doing is setting an example, and telling people that the fighting in the Middle-East is no laughing matter, and you need to consider what you are doing and saying very carefully before making such a decision.

Each of these individuals have made it clear they planned to raise arms against Allied troops and kill them. I don't know about you, but if I said something like that here, whether I were joking or not, I would be made a serious example of. If not by the Government trying to keep order, then by rampant "offended" civilians.

They're getting off easy with only a few years imprisonment, if you speak on terms of "making an example."

They've pretty much ruined themselves severely already, on being productive members of society. The man has already made headlines available for the whole world. Would you hire someone that once planned to betray his country's government just for some spiritual fulfillment?

They've pretty much ruined themselves severely already, on being productive members of society. The man has already made headlines available for the whole world. Would you hire someone that once planned to betray his country's government just for some spiritual fulfillment?

People hire murderers as well, so I don't think these youngsters should have any problems after a while.

And threathening to do something is not actually attempting it nor doing it. If I threathened to kill you you would be surprised how unable you would be to alert the police. They can't do anything since we (and UK) has freedom of speech. The judge has obviously decided that the youngsters actually attempted to attack UK or something, I don't know the legal case behind the ruling. Perhaps it was based on possesing and dispatching terrorist material, recrouting people against UK etc..

• 2 months later...
If I threathened to kill you you would be surprised how unable you would be to alert the police.

That may be the case in Slovenia (Where your profile says you are from) but not here in the USA. Over here, threatening someone with harm, verbally or visually, is considered a crime. In fact, even saying "I will kill you" in a purely sarcastic manner is a fireable offense as far as labor is concerned, and can get the law involved if it is pursued.

I think it's stupid that words are taken so heavily in a world where people speak them so lightly. But that is how it works here.

• 1 year later...

I was perplexed at the "informational" campaign being deployed in the first link, then I laughed really hard for the longest time in a while reading the parodies in the second link :laugh:

My fave of the parodies was the baby and his parents I reckon :D

Seriously, London, get a friggin' grip. I agree with lots of the comments as telling people to report anything suspicious in certain parts of London (I mean you Albert Square!) will just have you inundated with phone calls and take shed-loads of time away from real police work like persecuting hoodies in shopping arcades just because they get cold ears bless 'em.

Particularly good one here.

Thanks to this, Section 110 of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005, and the lovely new law banning the photographing of police officers, I'm actually getting a bit of a worry on. I may actually vote for whoever's for civil liberties, next election.

My mate's a coppa. So... when he posts a picture of himself on Facebook, should he arrest himself?

Also, does the picture I have of him with the lapdancer mean I'm breaching national security in some way?

Don't worry, he was VERY off-duty at the time :laugh:

Also, does the picture I have of him with the lapdancer mean I'm breaching national security in some way?

It means you're definitely a terrorist, and must be killed.

Or at least locked up for 28 days and denied access to a toilet.