UFO Aftermath Combo-Mod v3.03 Beta

Buatha

Uploaded it to StrategyCore instead, so now it works. Will upload 3.0.2 as well, so we have all of them "in-house". Thanks for the heads up Buatha!

Sweet! Uh, as a newb, am I going to die badly starting with this mod? Should I run vanilla the first time around?

Or, to be more succinct, is the game better with the balances/updates/fixes in this mod?

I've had the 3.03 beta before and have just got Aftermath set up on a new PC, but now I can't find a working link anywhere for the mod. The ones above just get me version 3 and the proper link is still broken. I really liked some of the changes in the 3.03 (especially the crusher).

Is there any chance of finding a working download?

Note-- Sorry Buatha. I don't mean to hijack your topic, but there didn't seem any point in starting a new one with the same problem.

• 5 years later...
The mod is great, but the inventory textures of some items looks really ugly. Especially revolver's ones. I hope, in the next ver. of Combo mod they'll be improved to look more "UFO-ish".

• 7 months later...
Well, I know that no one has posted in here in ages, but I´ll try anyway. I got UFO Aftermath only a few days ago and got also this mod, its great but there are some stuff I would like to change myself on it, just for private purposes, like reducing the weight of the medikit and stuff, but the thing is, I dont know how to get into the vfs files. I have the tool and everything but nothing seems to work for whatever reason. Anyone able to help me please?

Are you using GoG version or the old CD one ?

Yes I do, so far it works all fine, just had one crash today for some odd reason but it worked just fine after restarting the game. The GOG version is updated 1.4 version that is required to use Combo-Mod final.

Space Voyager, seems like Okim is the go to guy when it comes to modding of games that are featured on this site. I did ask because I think the Combo-mod isnt very well balanced, not sure if that was ever the goal in mind anyway. What I mean is, that you can run into grenade launcher carrying Crudgels and Morleman in early missions that instant kill you and the Spec Ops enemies are the same deal, they carry better rifles and whatnot early on, or you run into a Plasma gun welding Ethereal that just fries your ass. I played in 3 different profiles and in all of them I had missions where I ran into enemies that instant kill your team. That isnt a challenge, its frustrating to have to reload the same mission several times until you decide to delegate it so you dont have to deal with it anymore.