Buying a mobile phone...

Space Voyager

Typically there are many bugs, vulnerabilities, etc. in a phone soon after it's shipped, or within a year of it being shipped. Good security on the phone will stop a lot of things. I wouldn't be too concerned with the phone's security too much, once the patches, etc. are made available, and installed. The key is to not install all the apps out there, and to only use the ones you trust. Which reminds me, I have a few apps I need to remove. I just, recently, bought my first smart phone.

I both love and am sickened by that phrase in equal measure. Not heard it in a long time :blush:

Just to give you all something to look forward to, the new forum software is infinitely easier to post on using a mobile phone. The current version is tedious at best.

Why should I post it from it since most time my connection from Wi-Fi is either at home or at work :blush: and for this its better to use PC

For those times when your PC isn't on of course. Toilet breaks, breakfast time, weddings etc.

If my PC ain't on I ain't home if I ain't home I don't have wi-fi access. If I don't have Wi-Fi access I have no internetz. If I don't have internetz I can't post.

(Sure I could use Internetz through my operator but since I am pre-paid this costs more than a leg and arm to use it unless I change the internetz tarif).

My computer is on unless I am upgrading something in it, or there is a storm in the area. And even then, I have heavy duty surge protectors, etc. to stay on the computer. Although I should get a couple of large battery back up units, so I can use my computer while the weather is bad. But the thing is, I may not have internet on my computer, so I have a phone, if need be, to at least check e-mail.

My first "This thing pisses me off" moment.

It is known that google has lunched Icream Android 4.0.3 all my friends in Galaxy S2 are updating to it but guess what - my phone update system doesn't see the update. Asking google leads to nerd forums who use the gibberish language. Don't know what to do.

My OS version is 2.3.6 XXK1 test-keys. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx. Though If something says do a wipe it is highly dangerous.... not to mention you have to rely on other softwares.

I have written an e-mail to Samsung end wait if they have something to say. I may also guess that that eng part in my OS version makes things not right since the guy in the movie on that page says in UK 4.0.3 will be round 19th of march. So I might wait for that date - will see.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know an Android app that will handle my email on my phone and actually delete emails from my account when I press the sodding arsing 'delete' option.

IDIOTS. I now have two gmail accounts with thousands of unwanted emails just hanging around, undeleted. K-9 mail no longer does it (no, not even when I tick the right box in the options to delete emails from the phone and the account) and the standard gmail app doesn't do it either.

Gmail auto deletes e-mails in trash can that are stored there more than 30 days. Are you afraid that your mail will be filled with crap within that time ? 10GB is a lot of space for mail.

Alternatively you can write an app for google laboratory ;)