4 replies to this topic

#1 Accounting Troll

Accounting Troll

Bridge troll

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:16 PM

As some of you may know, Estonia and Russia have had a falling out recently after the Estonian authorities decided to move an old Soviet war memorial.  

Since the incident began, Estonian government and economic websites have been under sustained denial of service attacks.  The Estonian authorities have published a list of the IP addresses of the responsible parties - the majority of these addresses belong to the Russian government.

Estonia hasn't yet directly accused Russia of launching these attacks, but it has requested technical support from NATO and is trying to put this matter at the top of the agenda for a forthcoming EU/Russia conference.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/6665145.stm

#2 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:20 PM

Reminds me of the recent incidents where russian ships threw nuclear waste material overboard in japanese waters.  
Or the threats against Ukraine and Georgia. Or the murders of several russian reporters who were critical of the regime. Or the recent assasination of that secret service guy with a radioactive substance. Or the gruesome war in chechenya.

Russia is on its way back to dictatorship and being the black sheep of nations. Or is it already there?  (:

#3 chocolatemouse

chocolatemouse

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:39 PM

I fear that  dictatorship and  authoritarian  boss are not becoming blacksheeps but kind of norm actually sadly .
Europe  is taking a far right  change(  ancient members  of  far right  movement  being now at government in france ), japan want to change it constitution to nomore be pacific and  about usa i will  stay quiet  to not have stones throw at me.

Volunteers for starship troopers  corps ?

#4 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

View Postchocolatemouse, on 17th May 2007, 11:39pm, said:

Volunteers for starship troopers  corps ?
However brainwashed those are supposed to be - they at least fought fot humanity... Sadly the reality is even worse.

#5 uriaheep

uriaheep

Inflatable Halfwit Salesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:58 AM

Ahhh, Russia.  Everything changes - nothing changes.
LAST OF A DYING BROOD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users