frankenmod

weapons stat mod

sager's xcom mod

to use these, first you have to unpack the game files. i used this tool:

ufo: et unpack tool

there's a link on the first post to it.

then i used this mod manager to install the mods:

jsgme

it allows the user to install/uninstall mods with ease. makes a backup copy of files for you, and replaces the altered files with the backups when uninstalling. very handy.

Heh. At this pace, they will have a weidu analog by the time the game gets into stores.

(for those not familiar with it: weidu is a mod manager thing for Baldur's Gate 2 ... which lets you symbolically patch bits and pieces of the dialog trees and ai scripts and most everything else... which means mods peacefully coexist, even when they modify the same file or the same conversation)

no prob. you might want to wait a bit though....

i've been watching for forums and just about every day or so, each of those mods gets an update (save for sage's... there's hasn't been any activity on that mod for about a week or more. probably due to the popularity of bman's mod). and it looks like the weapons stat mod may be incorporated into moriarty's mod, based on talk in the forums. the author has already made it compatible with the major mod packages, too. and if that happens, it'll be in frankenmod, which combines bman's and moriarity's.

whew. i hope that wasn't too confusing, heh

• 2 weeks later...

i think you'll want to take a look at this fan site:

ufo-scene

they've got some older versions of mods that are compatible with the unpatched game (bman's 1.95). speaking of which...

you'll probably want to grab the official patch too (but some have reported that the patch doesn't work with the version d/led from gamersgate. seems like gamersgate has their own version of the patch available only to paying customers).

anyway, i get the feeling that this site will be tracking most (if not all) of the most important mods. if you do put up anything at this point, i'd grab the latest frankenmod, which is now located here.

Thank for the heads up! I noticed Gamer's Gate added the patch, and I don't see why anyone that didn't buy the game from there would need that patch?

Anyway, I'll see about adding some files this weekend if time permits.

Thank for the heads up! I noticed Gamer's Gate added the patch, and I don't see why anyone that didn't buy the game from there would need that patch?

Anyway, I'll see about adding some files this weekend if time permits.

i think it has something to do with the serial key. gamersgate customers reported that they didn't get a serial nor did they need a serial to install, yet the official patch from tri-synergy requires that the serial be entered in order to install the patch.

for a few days after the patch was released, gamersgate customers were in limbo, so to speak. i think because of the copyright protection policy that gamers gate has, they needed to issue their own patch to their customers. the tri-synergy patch d/l won't work for the gamersgate d/l of the game.

Right you are, but I got an e-mail from Gamer's Gate quite a while ago informing me that the patch was available from their site. It's common practice that the download services has to release their own patch, and that it is a little delayed over the "official release".

• 1 month later...

bman's ease of use 3.01 is now available!

https://ufo-scene.com/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?1576

this seems to be the mod that makes UFO: ET most like XCOM. here are the details:

------------------------

It's finally here!

Current version is v3.01

Download it here: https://www.savefile.com/projects/808504622

Make sure you download either the Easy Install or the regular version. Also download the Multimedia Pack for all the sounds and UFOPedia entries.

Changes in v3.01

---------------------

- Corrected Floater health (they were much too hard to kill in 3.0)

- Fixed inventory crash bug during missions

Changes in v3.0

-------------------

- New Weapon - Stun Rods can be purchased from the base store

- Flying - Anaconda can fly. So can many of the aliens

- Speed improvements to LOS Circles - it is not as laggy anymore.

- Speed improvements to Movement Paths - it is not as laggy anymore.

- Improvements to Advanced AI - they are less likely to stand in fires or smokes. Many other improvements I can't remember.

- Bugfixes to AI involving not knowing the exact spot your soldiers are standing when they should

- Bugfix - teleporting tanks related to LOS Circles

- Bugfix - aliens can still die after taking stun damage--used to be they could only be stunned but never killed.

- many other changes I can't possibly remember

- X-COM ALIEN INVASION

- 11 new aliens to fight

- mind-control!

- 40+ new research topics!

- personal jetpacks!

- other surprises I don't want to give away

- make sure you capture one of each of the new x-com aliens. Some of the new research is triggered off of their interrogations.

I know I'm leaving out stuff.

Here is all the things in this mod:

This mod will only work correctly with the 20070530 patched version of the game.

Each mod lists the files changed for that mod. You can search the modified files for

• 2 weeks later...
the only difference is that the regular install has all the files extracted and the easy install has everything still packed into the system.xbg file. you can extract your system file with xbigtool. there's a link somewhere around here, and i think it's hosted on the ufo-scene site. i find that the game runs smoother with the files extracted (and you can make your own changes to the game if you wish).

Well, it appears to be 3.06 now... What is the difference between easy install and regular? Because I have nothing against an install being easy. :blush:

The easy install is...easier to install. No need to mess with xbig and packing and stuff. Just unzip the zip into your UFOET\data folder and you are ready to play. As illegal_youth alluded, there are some advantages to doing the non-easy install. But IMO they are not worth it if you are not computer savvy as you will bang your head against a wall trying to figure it out otherwise.

I don't mind. I thought someone had already done that. Bear in mind that I am updating regularly right now so it might be hard to keep up. :blush:

I'll try to keep up :wub:. Would be good if you make a post here when you update. In fact, if you could create a dedicated thread for the mod here I can link to it instead of this thread in the downloads. Also, do you have a few screens laying around for the modification? 3 would be good. Thanks!

UFO: ET mods and patches added to files section.

I don't mind. I thought someone had already done that. Bear in mind that I am updating regularly right now so it might be hard to keep up. :blush:

My apologies, I did intend on doing so but my schedule has been rather very erratic as of late, good thing Slaughter's on it :wub: