• 1,520 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:44 AM

This thread contains a big list of mods for UFO: ET, including:
  • Dying soldiers
  • Hiring / firing soldiers
  • Opening doors without walking through them
  • Changing geoscape to an Earth map
  • Many more...
So, if you wanted to get an even more X-Comish feel for UFO: ET, get started downloading! (:
Posted Image

#2 Jh316

Jh316

Nobody important

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:39 AM

Ooh, I just read a thread on the UFO forums that someone's made a mod that allows hiring of soldiers at the secondary bases that's just about ready for completion.

#3 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:54 AM

I will definitely buy the game...

EDIT: I chose to keep some dignity and not cry like a child.

#4 illegal youth

illegal youth

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:25 PM

for anyone interested in the worthwhile mods, check these:

bman's mod
moriarity's mod
frankenmod
weapons stat mod
sager's xcom mod

to use these, first you have to unpack the game files.  i used this tool:

ufo: et unpack tool

there's a link on the first post to it.

then i used this mod manager to install the mods:

jsgme

it allows the user to install/uninstall mods with ease.  makes a backup copy of files for you, and replaces the altered files with the backups when uninstalling.  very handy.

#5 Knan

Knan

Napalm squaddie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

Heh. At this pace, they will have a weidu analog by the time the game gets into stores.

(for those not familiar with it: weidu is a mod manager thing for Baldur's Gate 2 ... which lets you symbolically patch bits and pieces of the dialog trees and ai scripts and most everything else... which means mods peacefully coexist, even when they modify the same file or the same conversation)

#6 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the links illegal youth! Think it's time we added a new category to our files section soon...

#7 illegal youth

illegal youth

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:24 PM

no prob.  you might want to wait a bit though....

i've been watching for forums and just about every day or so, each of those mods gets an update (save for sage's... there's hasn't been any activity on that mod for about a week or more.  probably due to the popularity of bman's mod).  and it looks like the weapons stat mod may be incorporated into moriarty's mod, based on talk in the forums.  the author has already made it compatible with the major mod packages, too.  and if that happens, it'll be in frankenmod, which combines bman's and moriarity's.

whew.  i hope that wasn't too confusing, heh

#8 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, I'll wait a little then. Haven't got the time right now anyway. Keep us posted!

#9 illegal youth

illegal youth

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

i think you'll want to take a look at this fan site:

ufo-scene

they've got some older versions of mods that are compatible with the unpatched game (bman's 1.95).  speaking of which...

you'll probably want to grab the official patch too (but some have reported that the patch doesn't work with the version d/led from gamersgate.  seems like gamersgate has their own version of the patch available only to paying customers).

anyway, i get the feeling that this site will be tracking most (if not all) of the most important mods.  if you do put up anything at this point, i'd grab the latest frankenmod, which is now located here.

#10 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:34 PM

Thank for the heads up! I noticed Gamer's Gate added the patch, and I don't see why anyone that didn't buy the game from there would need that patch?

Anyway, I'll see about adding some files this weekend if time permits.

#11 illegal youth

illegal youth

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:23 PM

View PostSlaughter, on 7th June 2007, 3:34pm, said:

Thank for the heads up! I noticed Gamer's Gate added the patch, and I don't see why anyone that didn't buy the game from there would need that patch?

Anyway, I'll see about adding some files this weekend if time permits.

i think it has something to do with the serial key.  gamersgate customers reported that they didn't get a serial nor did they need a serial to install, yet the official patch from tri-synergy requires that the serial be entered in order to install the patch.

for a few days after the patch was released, gamersgate customers were in limbo, so to speak.  i think because of the copyright protection policy that gamers gate has, they needed to issue their own patch to their customers.  the tri-synergy patch d/l won't work for the gamersgate d/l of the game.

#12 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

Right you are, but I got an e-mail from Gamer's Gate quite a while ago informing me that the patch was available from their site. It's common practice that the download services has to release their own patch, and that it is a little delayed over the "official release".

#13 illegal youth

illegal youth

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:50 PM

bman's ease of use 3.01 is now available!

http://ufo-scene.com...wtopic.php?1576

this seems to be the mod that makes UFO: ET most like XCOM.  here are the details:

------------------------

It's finally here!

Current version is v3.01

Download it here: http://www.savefile....jects/808504622

Make sure you download either the Easy Install or the regular version. Also download the Multimedia Pack for all the sounds and UFOPedia entries.

Changes in v3.01
---------------------
- Corrected Floater health (they were much too hard to kill in 3.0)
- Fixed inventory crash bug during missions

Changes in v3.0
-------------------
- New Weapon - Stun Rods can be purchased from the base store
- Flying - Anaconda can fly. So can many of the aliens
- Speed improvements to LOS Circles - it is not as laggy anymore.
- Speed improvements to Movement Paths - it is not as laggy anymore.
- Improvements to Advanced AI - they are less likely to stand in fires or smokes. Many other improvements I can't remember.
- Bugfixes to AI involving not knowing the exact spot your soldiers are standing when they should
- Bugfix - teleporting tanks related to LOS Circles
- Bugfix - aliens can still die after taking stun damage--used to be they could only be stunned but never killed.
- many other changes I can't possibly remember
- X-COM ALIEN INVASION
- 11 new aliens to fight
- mind-control!
- 40+ new research topics!
- personal jetpacks!
- other surprises I don't want to give away
- make sure you capture one of each of the new x-com aliens. Some of the new research is triggered off of their interrogations.
I know I'm leaving out stuff.

Here is all the things in this mod:

This mod will only work correctly with the 20070530 patched version of the game.
Each mod lists the files changed for that mod. You can search the modified files for “BMAN” to find where all my edits are.

8/7/2007
1. BUGFIX: Fixed bug with Research/Production time calculations
• The game is rounding times to the nearest hour which causes problems if you have a lot of workers working on something and then go back and change the number of workers. The game ends up getting the work time wrong by many hours. I modified the game to do the calculations to the nearest second.
• base\sectionproduction.xscr
• base\sectionresearch.xscr
• base\objecthandeling.xscr

2. BALANCE CHANGE: % Faster Production
• I personally think it takes WAY too long to manufacture stuff. This mod allows you to change the speed at which everything is produced. You can make it slower or faster. Just edit the option in the Setting screen inside the game. The default is to make things take 50% normal time to produce. Change this setting to 100% to play normal.
• base\objecthandeling.xscr

3. BALANCE CHANGE: Wounded soldiers that did not fall unconscious can be made to heal in hospital faster.
• Right now if a trooper takes at least 30 pts of damage during combat they get sent to the hospital for 10-45 days. It does not matter if you heal them in combat with medkits or if it was a critical wound. I found this aggravating. With this mod, if the soldier never went down to 0 health and fainted then his hospital stay is reduced based on the setting in the game settings. Change it to suit your play-style. Change this setting to 1x to play normal.
• globe\globe.xscr
• man.xscr

4. BALANCE CHANGE: Save your ammo after battle
• After battle, the game normally throws away any ammo clip that was used even once. Even if you just shot one round the entire clip is tossed. All those bullets just lost…This mod changes it. Rather than combining clips and then just throwing away the leftovers, this mod just assigns a percent chance to keep the clip == how full the clip is. This means that on average over the course of several combats, you will find that all remaining bullets are conserved. None are thrown away. Sure if you look at a single battle you may find you have more or less clips
than you should but over the course of a game it will all even out to the right amount. You can enable/disable this mod from the game settings screen.
• man.xscr

5. ENHANCEMENT: Production Window displays days & hours left to produce instead of Percentage.

6. ENHANCEMENT: Soldiers now track alien kill counts.
• The kill count is shown next to the experience. This is compatible with existing savegames, though once your soldiers acquire some kills, your savegames are no longer compatible with non-modded versions. This mod can be disabled. Once disabled if you visit the Soldiers screen and examine each of your units, you can then save your game and it will be compatible with non-modded versions again. Note: this will wipe out your kill count.
• turnmanager.xscr
• inv.xscr
• premissioninventory.xscr
• base\sectiontroopers.xscr
• globe\defendbase.xscr
• globe\mission.xscr
• globe\promotiondialog.xscr

7. ENHANCEMENT: Faster popup menu
• The speeds can be adjusted from the game settings screen.
• Crouch/Stand/Up/Down unit popup menu displays almost immediately when you place your mouse over selected unit (gui.xscr)

8. ENHANCEMENT: Implemented Roszczu’s Open doors on RMB click
• If your soldier is standing next to a door and facing it, you can rclick on the door to open it without entering the room. This action cost 6AP.
• man.xscr
• common.xscr

9. In Game Settings Window
• Now most of the changes can be configured from the in-game options menu. This is particularly useful for people that want some of the interface changes but do not want the balance changes.
• Bmaneaseofuse.xscr
• Gamedialogs.xscr
• Gamecommon.xscr
• bmaneaseofuse_settingsbg.png

10. BALANCE CHANGE: Implemented a modified version of OVNI’s Inventory AP Cost Mod 1.5
• During combat, moving things around in your inventory costs AP. You can configure the costs in the settings menu. To turn off the mod, just configure all the AP costs to be 0.
• Man.xscr
• Data\inv.xscr

11. BALANCE CHANGE: Soldiers now gain experience for going on missions
• If you win the mission, then every soldier that is still conscious will gain a small amount of experience. Set this amount to 0 in the options screen to disable this mod.
• Man.xscr

12. BALANCE CHANGE: Improved Base Defenses Mod By Moriarty
• Makes base defense buildings much more effective. Here are his comments:
Below is a table which shows the new damage (yellow column), as well as the minimum necessary (white boxes) to take down a type of UFO (green).
Remember this is the minimum, so you'll probably want 50% more.
• Can be enabled/disabled from the game settings screen. Note: Can ONLY be enabled/disabled from the settings screen when you do not currently have a game loaded.
• Increased damage of all base defences.
• Gives base defences a very limited radar range.
• Particle defences now cost 350,000 (from 500,000).
• Base\createandloadvariables.xscr

13. BALANCE CHANGE: Faster/Slower Soldier Promotion
• You can change the rate at which soldiers are promoted to new ranks.
• Note: You can only change this setting from the main settings screen when you do not currently have a game loaded.
• Set this to 100% to disable the mod.
• Note: Slowing down promotions will not take away any ranks your soldiers have already received. It will just make them take even long to attain the next rank.

14. BUGFIX: Akew pistols/rifles have the wrong production times when compared to other items.
• This changes Akew rifles to be 3,000 hrs instead of 7,000 and pistols to be 2,000 instead of 3,000.
• scripts\tests\config.xsv

15. BALANCE CHANGE: Soldiers can die…XCOM style
• This mod makes it so your soldiers can die in combat instead of always surviving. The following changes are made to combat:
i. When a soldier’s health is reduced to 0 or less the soldier falls unconscious.
ii. An unconscious soldier will have a red cross displayed on their face, indicating that they are unconscious and in need of medical attention.
iii. Unconscious soldiers continue to bleed from their critical wounds.
iv. Unconscious soldiers will take damage from any stray bullets or explosions or gas or whatever.
v. If an unconscious soldier’s health drops below Death Threshold (DT) then that soldier dies permanently.
vi. Dead soldiers do not show the red cross on their face. They are just darkened to indicate they are dead.
vii. While unconscious, you can select the soldier by clicking on their face. This will allow you to easily find them on the map. You cannot access the soldier’s inventory or see his health status or even see his current health or critical wounds.
viii. To see the health status of an unconscious soldier, you need to have another soldier use a healing device on him.
ix. It is important that you heal any critical wounds as soon as possible to prevent the soldier from dying.
x. To heal an unconscious soldier, just have another soldier stand next to the unconscious soldier and use a healing device on him like normal.
xi. Keep in mind that even after you “stop the bleeding”, the downed soldier might get more critical wounds if he gets hit by more damage (ie from an explosion or something).
xii. If two or more unconscious soldiers are lying in the same spot, then when you use a healing device on the spot, one of the soldiers that actually needs healing will be chosen at random. If neither soldier needs healing, then one of the soldiers will be chosen at random for you to view.
xiii. Sometimes a healthy soldier will take so much damage from one shot they will die out right. Don’t be surprised when it happens.
• After combat is over, there is still a chance that unconscious soldiers will die from their wounds before they can reach the hospital. Factors that affect this are:
i. Soldier’s Vitality. The higher the vitality, the better chance the soldier will survive.
ii. Soldier’s Wounds: The closer the soldier came to DT the less chance they have to survive. This means it is very important to heal a down soldier as soon as possible and/or end the mission as soon as possible to prevent lots of bleeding.
iii. Soldier’s Bravery: The higher the bravery, the better chance the soldier will survive. This represents the soldier’s “will to live”.
iv. The exact chance of survival is:
1. DeathFactor = Configuration Setting (0.25 – 3)
2. DT = Vitality * DeathFactor
3. W = Wounds past 0 (how much damage did the soldier take after reaching 0 hp)
4. Chance of Survival = 100 * W/DT + 30 * Bravery/100.
• This mod can be disabled by setting Soldier Mortality to “Immortal”. The Mortality setting can only be changed at the main menu before loading a game. I do not advise changing this setting and then loading a battle in progress. Strange results may occur.
• Combat.xscr
• Soldiers.xscr
• Man.xscr
• Turnmanager.xscr
• Vehicles.xscr

16. ENHANCEMENT: Crashed UFO’s Have Damage
• When you shoot down a UFO and then start a mission at the crash site, the UFO will show signs of damage. Blown walls and equipment.
• The surrounding buildings and countryside will also show signs of damage caused by both the battle in the air as well as destruction that occurred during the crash.
• Aliens also have a chance to be injured or even dead. Aliens far from the UFO are going to have much less injuries if any at all than aliens still located in the UFO.
• Alien commanders, if any exist, will be at full health.
• NOTE: I am not very far in my game. I only have the starting transport. There is a chance that I will not properly recognize future transports correctly. If you find that (a) there is no damage to the UFO or surroundings during a crash mission or (b) you find that your transport is destroyed when the mission starts then please keep a copy of the savegame and let me know so I can make changes as necessary.
• This option can be changed in the settings screen. It can be completely turned off, or it can be set so that none of the aliens are harmed for those of you that want to maintain the balance.
• Combat.xscr
• Vehicles.xscr
• Man.xscr

17. BALANCE CHANGE: Alien Bounty Rewards
• The original XCOM allowed you to sell alien corpses for money. This game has no corpses. If you are playing with some of these other mods enabled like soldier deaths and hire/fire soldiers, then you will find yourself very strapped for cash. You can use this mod to balance things out. When enabled, you will gain a small fee for each alien killed in tactical combat…but only if you win the mission. Set to $0 to disable.
• Man.xscr
• Mission.xscr

18. BALANCE CHANGE: Hire/Fire Soldiers Mod
• Based on the version that is in SagerX-COM by Sage and Phoenix-D, which in turn is based upon the mod by TyWiggins.
• Allows you to hire and fire soldiers from the base soldier screen. Set the hiring cost to $0 to disable this mod.
• Note: this version enforces a delay after hiring a soldier before they are ready for duty. First they must spend some time in the hospital undergoing rigorous physical exams. This should force you to think ahead a bit and is more like the original X-COM. You can configure the delay of course.
• Base\sectiontroopers.xscr

19. ENHANCEMENT: Combat Interface Mod by tywiggins
• Adds buttons to reserve AP’s for actions, adds up/down/kneel buttons. Adds a textbox display of combat messages. All good things.
• Gui.xscr
• Man.xscr
• Textbox.xscr

20. ENHANCEMENT: Varied Soldier Names Mod by Rick
• The mod replaces the existing male/female names with 1218 male names, 3944 female names, and 88799 last names (!).
• Actually I found that it took FOREVER to load the names so I changed it to only 1000 female and 1000 last names. -- BMAN
• You can enable/disable this mod in the settings screen.

21. ENHANCEMENT: True Night Mod
• A heavily modified version of Mephistoex’s Line of Sight Mod.
• This makes night-time missions look like night. Basically the later it is in the night, the darker the mission. If you go out at dusk, it is darker than day but lighter than night. And the lighting has a nice golden hue. Mines are like night-time missions. Aliens are like night-time missions…though you will find the area filled with an eerie glow.
• The primary purpose of this mod is to set the mood. In gameplay terms, this is what is different:
• Nothing is different at full noon. You can see 12 squares, aliens see 14.
• At midnight your vision is reduced to 10. Alien vision is reduced to 13. They can see slightly better than you can but not much. Anytime in between the 2 vision ranges are adjusted to be between those 2 extremes.
• This mod can be disabled via the settings screen. You can also edit consts.xscr and change the SIGHT_RANGE_DAY, SIGHT_RANGE_NIGHT and the AI versions if you want it to be a more pronounced difference between night and day. You can also choose to have the mod enabled only for outdoor areas if you do not like alien bases and mines to be dark.
• Also modifies the geoscape so that the night-side of the planet is darker as in the stock game it is hard to tell the difference between night and day.
• Globe\mission.xscr
• Ai.xscr
• Ai_old.xscr
• Common.xscr
• Man.xscr
• Consts.xscr
• Combat.xscr
• Inv.xscr

22. ENHANCEMENT: Commanders have gold border
• The little icon that shows you can see an alien will have a gold border if the alien is a commander.
• Gui.xscr

23. BUGFIX: Women soldiers now have feminine screams
• I know I’m not the only one distrurbed by their masculine screams in the stock game.
• Soldiers.xscr

24. ENHANCEMENT: Civvies run around a little bit further and faster. Makes them look more panicky
• scripts\tests\config.xsv

25. BALANCE CHANGE: Advanced Tactical AI
• The combat AI has some problems that become obvious after playing a bit. For example, it doesn’t use grenades, it continuously uses PSI on targets that are already paralyzed. This mod improves things a bit. I won’t go into specifics about the changes because that would ruin the fun. At a minimum you can expect my two complaints above to be fixed. But those were just the tip of the iceberg. In general, I improved the shooting&targeting AI.
• More recent changes improve the AI’s ability to work as a team. Also improved is the AI’s ability to figure out where you are when you run out of their LOS.
• This mod makes combat a bit more difficult. I expect your casualty rate will climb. Feedback is welcome.
• You can change the difficulty from the settings screen. Lower difficulties should be less grenade-spammy and in general easier than higher difficulties. At lower levels, the AI is less likely to use the new algorithms.
• Ai.xscr
• Combat.xscr
• Possibly some others. I lost track

26. ENHANCEMENT: New Soldiers to the back of the bus!
• I play with soldier death and it really ticks me off that the game places all my most experienced soldiers on the back of the transport. They are the first off and usually get a plasma bolt to the head when they step out of the transport. This mod puts the new soldiers at the back where they should be so that they can do their job and act as meat-shields.
• Can be toggled from the settings menu
• Globe\Mission.xscr

27. BUGFIX: Fixed game bug that allowed units to walk through walls sometimes.
• Actually the bug is somewhere in the game engine. I didn’t fix the bug so much as have something come along and locate the “broken” walls and fix them after combat starts.
• Man.xscr

28. BUGFIX: Dead aliens can see your troops and pass on the info to the live aliens
• This allows the aliens to pop you from across the screen. Very annoying. This mod fixes the problem.
• Turnmanager.xscr
• Ai.xscr

29. BUGFIX: Almost impossible for aliens to spawn on upper levels of the map.
• There was a bug in the alien placement algorithm that made it practically impossible for an alien to spawn on the upper levels of a map (except for within a UFO). As a result, you almost *never* found an alien in the upper stories of a building.
• I’ve corrected the error so now aliens will occasionally show up on a building’s upper floors.

30. ENHANCEMENT: Implemented Show Movement Path by Roszczu
• It is based upon v0.3 of his mod. I’ve done some bug-fixing and optimizations but Roszczu did all the hard work.
• The arrow graphics were supplied by Nimo
• If you enable this mod, you will see little color coded arrows showing the path your trooper will take if you move him. From the settings screen, you can change the way it color codes the arrows to either indicate whether your trooper will have enough AP for his reserved shots or enough AP for an Aimed or Snap shot.

31. ENHANCEMENT: LOS Circles
• When moving the mouse around, little green circles or red X’s will appear under all visible aliens. This indicates whether or not your soldier would have line-of-sight for shooting purposes to the alien in question if you moved your soldier to the cursor location. Useful for determining where you need to move to get a shot at an alien or to hide from an alien.
• When you are in shooting mode (have clicked on a weapon), this mod will indicate whether or not you have LOS to each alien from your current location with the weapon you have selected. Ie it knows the difference between the way a grenade works and a gun works.
• Also in shooting mode, a green circle or red X will appear under the shoot cursor, indicating whether you have a shot at the cursor location. Mostly useful for trying to figure out ifyou can toss a grenade in the middle of a group of aliens.
• Finally, if you set the mod to “Enabled, Override LOS” then the game will no longer prevent you from taking a shot even if it does not think you have line-of-sight. You can use this mode to attempt to shoot aliens through trees or walls using autoshot. Be careful with this mode as it is very easy to shoot your squadmates in the back. The only warning you will get that it is a bad shot is the red X under the firing cursor.
• The circle/X graphics were supplied by Nimo.

32. ENHANCEMENT: Combat Sounds
• Units now make sounds when they are injured. The harder the hit, the louder the sound.
• A sound is played whenever a new alien is spotted.
• Some additional male/female death cries have been added to provide a little variety.
• All new sounds are from Titan Quest by IronLore and also from its expansion Immortal Throne.
• You can turn off combat sounds from the settings screen if you do not like it.

33. ENHANCEMENT: Increased UFO Crew Variety
• When enabled, UFO’s will have a more varied crew. In the un-modded game, UFO’s only ever have 1-2 races on board. This mod will provide a chance for the UFO to be crewed by many different races at once. You might investigate a UFO that has 6 different types of aliens in it.
• The aliens will not always belong to the same era either. So you might get a crew that has some modern weapons mixed in with a few guys with older weapons.
• Game balance is not altered significantly because the unmodded game will sometimes give you an entire crew from an older era. I’ve not changed the chances, but now instead of an entire crew of low-era aliens, you might come across 1-2 low-era aliens each time the mod kicks in.
• You can configure how often you want the UFO crews to be enhanced by this mod. I recommend you leave it on Rare so that the UFO’s still have flavor.

34. ENHANCEMENT: Increased Commander Frequency
• If you just want a damn commander and don’t want to wait for a battleship or alien base then this mod is for you.
• When enabled, it provides a chance for commanders to show up in smaller UFO’s and also increases the number of commanders that appear.
• You can configure just how common commanders become. Combined with the Increased UFO Crew Variety mod, you can quickly capture commanders of any race you are interested in.

35. ENHANCEMENT: Transparent Windows
• Makes windows transparent.
• This is a work in progress. As I find more examples of windows that you cannot see through I will fix them also.
• This mod works even when you are viewing the window from the angle, unlike the existing transparent window mod.

36. ENHANCEMENT: Reaction Burst Fire
• If enabled from the Settings screen, your soldiers will use Burst Fire Mode when taking reaction shots at the aliens.
• Beware – higher advanced AI settings will also allow aliens to use it on you!

37. ENHANCEMENT: Default Ship Aggression Level
• You can now change the default aggression level of your fighter ships in the Settings screen.

38. ENHANCEMENT: Anaconda can now fly—also many aliens can now fly.

39. ENHANCEMENT: Stun Rod – Stun Rod has been added to the game. You can buy it from the base store.

40. ENHANCEMENT: XCOM Alien Invasion
• All 11 X-COM aliens are added to the game.
• 44 new research topics, including a personal jetpack.
• Other surprises.
• Make sure and capture at least one of each of the 11 new aliens. Researching them often opens up new research topics.

#14 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:27 PM

Argh, illegal youth was faster!  :blush:

Anyway Bman updated his mod to 3.02 already, go get it!

#15 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:42 AM

Well, it appears to be 3.06 now... What is the difference between easy install and regular? Because I have nothing against an install being easy. :blush:

#16 illegal youth

illegal youth

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

the only difference is that the regular install has all the files extracted and the easy install has everything still packed into the system.xbg file.  you can extract your system file with xbigtool.  there's a link somewhere around here, and i think it's hosted on the ufo-scene site.  i find that the game runs smoother with the files extracted (and you can make your own changes to the game if you wish).

#17 bman654

bman654

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

View PostSpace Voyager, on 17th August 2007, 8:42am, said:

Well, it appears to be 3.06 now... What is the difference between easy install and regular? Because I have nothing against an install being easy. :blush:

The easy install is...easier to install.  No need to mess with xbig and packing and stuff.  Just unzip the zip into your UFOET\data folder and you are ready to play.  As illegal_youth alluded, there are some advantages to doing the non-easy install.  But IMO they are not worth it if you are not computer savvy as you will bang your head against a wall trying to figure it out otherwise.

#18 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:55 PM

Mind if I add your mod to our files section Bman?

#19 bman654

bman654

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:27 PM

View PostSlaughter, on 17th August 2007, 8:55pm, said:

Mind if I add your mod to our files section Bman?

I don't mind.  I thought someone had already done that.  Bear in mind that I am updating regularly right now so it might be hard to keep up. :blush:

#20 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:14 PM

View Postbman654, on 18th August 2007, 4:27pm, said:

I don't mind.  I thought someone had already done that.  Bear in mind that I am updating regularly right now so it might be hard to keep up. :blush:
I'll try to keep up :wub:. Would be good if you make a post here when you update. In fact, if you could create a dedicated thread for the mod here I can link to it instead of this thread in the downloads. Also, do you have a few screens laying around for the modification? 3 would be good. Thanks!

UFO: ET mods and patches added to files section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users