#41 JellyfishGreen

JellyfishGreen

Tentacle Pentacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:00 PM

Explicitly banned in the rules, yes. ;)

I would like to save a game just after you prime all your grenades, before leaving the entry lift, before you spot anyone, but that doesn't allow the base to re-randomize.

How about heaving explosives through the ceiling of the command centre and exploiting other quirks of the game tiles? Would that be allowed?
The deadly Lobsterman threat was finally countered by melee combat with power tools. -ufopaedia.org

#42 EclipseDog

EclipseDog

Wagging the Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 02:42 PM

Heh that challenge isn't all that tough that you should even need to ask that. Now if you really wanted to challenge yourself into overcoming nigh-insurmountable odds you could one-up this challenge.

Go in with 0 *anything* except armor, medikits, and one weapon that cannot be used until there was only a single alien left (since it's impossible to kill the last alien without it). Use the alien's own fire to kill aliens by using them as bullet guards. Just to make it *really* fun, consider making that single weapon a stun rod so you're forced to move next to it and survive in order to take it out.

You'd be surprised how quickly doing a battle or two in this manner will teach you proper duck and cover tactics that can be useful later to less extents in actual combat.

#43 NKF

NKF

Mr. Badger in disguise

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 06:49 PM

You know, that reminds of the time I played Doom... sort of. ;)

I tried a lesser version of that at one time by playing a normal campaign, but I forced myself to only kill the aliens with reaction fire only (unless it refused to trigger after so many turns).

It was possible, but certainly not the best method of doing things.

- NKF
NKF, narrow minded fuddy duddy who refuses to let go of the past and will not accept anything newer than 1979.

#44 Psy Guy

Psy Guy

PSY MASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:57 PM

I pick on floaters mostly because they can't throw very well and are easy to kill. Floaters are alot easier to kill because they always seem to stare at walls or float in the middle of an open field. Also floater commanders like to stay near the entrence area of floater bases.
News Today: Grav Ball League accepts the nomination for the "Vacuous Ally" award given by the X-Com Board of Public Relations. Experts predict that the two time Vacuous Ally winner Lifetree will win the award for the 3rd time following its $200,000 joint endeavor with General Metro to increase Blazer Turbo Bike production.

#45 the_dead

the_dead

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:43 PM

I think the floaters have been sampling the earth cannabis, which explains their slow reactions and incredible ability to get shot a lot without doing anything about it.

I hope the floaters weren't named after an inability to flush toilets after use ;)

#46 EclipseDog

EclipseDog

Wagging the Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:05 AM

No... I'd wager they were named that for their ability to... erm... 'get high'. Heh, couldn't resist that one.

#47 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:26 AM

She's so hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh...
High above me...
She's so lovely...

There are some songs you just can't take seriously. Another is that one that goes "she likes me for me, not because..." Posted Image
BB's X-Com Projects Page - X-Com Games At GamersGate
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
We love Tammy! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users