WWII for internet users

There is two things to take in vision. As usualy history is not result of one event but the mix of several events and choices.

The problems the third reich got with the atomic bom was mainly that structures needed for it were destroyed by allied bombs and by french and english operation in norway and then that it was not first industrial priority of the reich as it needed important industrial power. It was the main thing that prevented hitler from getting the bomb, but we not have to forget that several first class german scientist as Einstein were part of it .

It make me think that perhaps some german scientifics could have delayed third reich progress at some point , Even if later allied bombings made definatively without hope german dream of atomic bomb.

But we have to never forget that history not result of one event but of the mix of several, and that previous events not have to be forgot because other events happened after .

As american atomic bomb would have never went so quickly if exiled german scientists never had warned about progress of third reich.

Nose kisss

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know that jet engines are a British invention? Although I'm sure that Hollywood is working on a way to give the credit to the Americans. Just like they did with the Battle of Britain and the Enigma decoding...

Yes i remember a movie with a submarine and americans grabbing the secret of enigma machine.

I was disgusted by this fabrication of the past .

from a joke about WWII to nukes... this topic got totally hijacked.

You want a Jew's (me) perspective? WWII killed MORE then 6 mil of us. over 2 mil were children! We suffered at REAL ghettos so all of you idiots who live in poor neighborhoods with black gangs that have 5000$ stereo systems in cars that can't go over 40 miles per hour, can shut the hell up! anyway. leaving aside the fact that non of my family were killed during WWII (my grandma served in the Russian army and one of my uncles served in it as well) Jews were also killed in gas camps, baked in ovens and totally diminished.

scientists say the kill count was higher then 6 mil. MUCH higher. closer to 25 mil. that comes from entire Jewish villages and towns that were literally deleted from maps. and totally obliterated with nobody to tell of the carnage. the 6 mil stat is probably a failure in the German effort to kill off the Jews.

before you smart asses say the Germans hated the Jews for being Jews let me say this.

Germans hated EVERYBODY who wasn't blonde with blue eyes. INCLUDING THEIR OWN. not everyone was executed but... most of them were killed off. some survived and so you still see the different hair color and eye color Germans.

Jozef Mengele (or whatever you guys call him) experimented on Jews.---

sorry. i got carried away there. ok now back on topic. PLEASE. I'd hate to repeat my other "incident"

(thank god for spell checkers)

Ooooohh Yanlin, Yanlin. Still showing a lack of knowledge about your homeland/history. Tut tut. Please learn your own history.

Pro rata more Jehovah's Witnesses were killed by Hitler's lot than Jews. No JW denied their faith to escape the camps but jews were to be found fighting for the then German government. Ironically the German government actually would have preferred to colonise occupied territories with JWs because of their non-political ways. Even more ironic is more JWs came out of the KZs than went in, even allowing for all those killed. No JW collaborated in the camps to stay alive. I only know this because having visited so many camps I wanted to know more about the camps and the politics.

Stalin killed more soviets than Hitler killed jews in the same period. It's history. All the death is a terrible waste. I abhor any senseless death but especially that due to political ambition. Once you've done your conscription you might understand that point of view. For someone living in a country surrounded by those with very long memories of historical religious conflict you need to learn a little more give and take.

And as one of those non USA people here please stop being such a xenophobic bigot. Thank you.

btw this is the Firing Range - Politics and Religion forum read other topics here and get used to the way they meander in this area. Suck it up.

Before the dust had settled after the war, Jews were in conflict with the very people that had fought and died to free them. That's history too.

Well, them krauts did field jet-propelled planes years before the rest of the world...

'Rocket' propelled old chap - as stated - Barnes Wallis invented the jet engine though some very clever German techs built an excellent working copy soon after. It's also interesting that the German planes developed much quicker to start with.

'Rocket' propelled old chap - as stated - Barnes Wallis invented the jet engine though some very clever German techs built an excellent working copy soon after. It's also interesting that the German planes developed much quicker to start with.

Hate to burst your bubble but Frank Whittle was teh designer of the jet engine, not Barnes Wallace. he started his design work before WW2 but the RAF wouldn't fund the research.

is this a talk about WWII or WWII in a funny way? PLEASE. get back on topic. crack jokes about nukes and WWII.

our arguments can go on forever. it's just stalemate.

https://triptronix.net/ishbadiddle/images/brevity2073243050503.jpeg

uriaheep, the germans HAD the first operative jet squads in combat, not only rocket-propelled ones like the Me-163 (which was a very short-range airbase defender), but mainly the Me-262 with two Junkers Jumo jet engines. The Allied Forces however (knowing they would be outrun by those jets) did the only reasonable thing: They followed them and shot them down during the landing phase.

There is a quote of the famous pilot-legend Chuck Yeager: "When i saw my first jet i shot it down" (:

And yes, the jet engine was a british development.

I don't believe that germany was as advanced with the A-bomb as some say, simply because Hitler used EVERYTHING he had: he had jets and used them, he had V-2 rockets and used them, he had concentration camps and used them, why would he NOT use the A-bomb ?

He didn't use chemical and biological weapons because he feared the retaliation of the allied nations. But he would have never hesitated to drop an A-Bomb the very second he had it (ok plus the time it takes to fly to London), simply because he would have had the upper hand.

For everyone trying to understand why Hitler acted the way he did: Read Nietzsche. Hitler interpreted that words in a very direct way (without actually thinking about them) and totally misunderstood Nietzsche's thoughts. I think Nietzsche would have been ashamed to see his ideas misused in such a way.

Yanlin, of course it is hard that 6 million people died terribly but that doesn't automatically make the sufferings of others less hard. Take the recent yugoslavian civil wars: the torturing, killing and raping of prisoners and civilians were surely not different from what the Jews suffered in WWII. Or look at Chechenya, where both sides behave like some barbaric warlords.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

Ok everybody: I think my OT has been derailed far enough (i'm not without guilt here, too): Please consider this thread to be closed and try to not post here anymore, m-kay? Thanks guys (and gals)

Hate to burst your bubble but Frank Whittle was teh designer of the jet engine, not Barnes Wallace. he started his design work before WW2 but the RAF wouldn't fund the research.

Yes you are correct *takes hat off and bows* that's the trouble with having two tabs open at once! Sorry. :(

is this a talk about WWII or WWII in a funny way? PLEASE. get back on topic. crack jokes about nukes and WWII.

our arguments can go on forever. it's just stalemate.

But that's the point in a forum - there is no stalemate as we are not trying to force an argument, it's just stimulating conversation.

Ok everybody: I think my OT has been derailed far enough (i'm not without guilt here, too): Please consider this thread to be closed and try to not post here anymore, m-kay? Thanks guys (and gals)[/b]

What? it's just got interesting. (:

You made some valid points by the way. (:

ok i had enough. i quit this thread.

(and i don't know what's funnier. the fact that I'm leaving a perfectly intelligent thread or the fact i announced i am leaving a perfectly intelligent thread.)