63 replies to this topic

#61 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

uriaheep, the germans HAD the first operative jet squads in combat, not only rocket-propelled ones like the Me-163 (which was a very short-range airbase defender), but mainly the Me-262 with two Junkers Jumo jet engines. The Allied Forces however (knowing they would be outrun by those jets) did the only reasonable thing: They followed them and shot them down during the landing phase.

There is a quote of the famous pilot-legend Chuck Yeager: "When i saw my first jet i shot it down"  (:

And yes, the jet engine was a british development.

I don't believe that germany was as advanced with the A-bomb as some say, simply because Hitler used EVERYTHING he had: he had jets and used them, he had V-2 rockets and used them, he had concentration camps and used them, why would he NOT use the A-bomb ?

He didn't use chemical and biological weapons because he feared the retaliation of the allied nations. But he would have never hesitated to drop an A-Bomb the very second he had it (ok plus the time it takes to fly to London), simply because he would have had the upper hand.

For everyone trying to understand why Hitler acted the way he did: Read Nietzsche. Hitler interpreted that words in a very direct way (without actually thinking about them) and totally misunderstood Nietzsche's thoughts. I think Nietzsche would have been ashamed to see his ideas misused in such a way.

Yanlin, of course it is hard that 6 million people died terribly but that doesn't automatically make the sufferings of others less hard. Take the recent yugoslavian civil wars: the torturing, killing and raping of prisoners and civilians were surely not different from what the Jews suffered in WWII. Or look at Chechenya, where both sides behave like some barbaric warlords.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

Ok everybody: I think my OT has been derailed far enough (i'm not without guilt here, too): Please consider this thread to be closed and try to not post here anymore, m-kay?  Thanks guys (and gals)

#62 uriaheep

uriaheep

Inflatable Halfwit Salesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:41 PM

View PostMikal, on 12th May 2007, 1:31pm, said:

Hate to burst your bubble but Frank Whittle was teh designer of the jet engine, not Barnes Wallace. he started his design work before WW2 but the RAF wouldn't fund the research.
Yes you are correct *takes hat off and bows* that's the trouble with having two tabs open at once!  Sorry. :(

View PostYanlin, on 12th May 2007, 1:50pm, said:

is this a talk about WWII or WWII in a funny way? PLEASE. get back on topic. crack jokes about nukes and WWII.

our arguments can go on forever. it's just stalemate.

But that's the point in a forum - there is no stalemate as we are not trying to force an argument, it's just stimulating conversation.

View PostAralez, on 12th May 2007, 6:35pm, said:

Ok everybody: I think my OT has been derailed far enough (i'm not without guilt here, too): Please consider this thread to be closed and try to not post here anymore, m-kay?  Thanks guys (and gals)[/b]

What?  it's just got interesting.  (:

You made some valid points by the way. (:
LAST OF A DYING BROOD.

#63 Yanlin

Yanlin

One Man Modding Team

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

ok i had enough. i quit this thread.

(and i don't know what's funnier. the fact that I'm leaving a perfectly intelligent thread or the fact i announced i am leaving a perfectly intelligent thread.)

Yes, that banner is a link to the mod.

#64 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

View PostYanlin, on 12th May 2007, 6:38pm, said:

ok i had enough. i quit this thread.

(and i don't know what's funnier. the fact that I'm leaving a perfectly intelligent thread or the fact i announced i am leaving a perfectly intelligent thread.)
(:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users