8 replies to this topic

#1 baby arm

baby arm

Jazzercise Instructor

• Chief Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:43 AM

Stuck in Europe and worrying about how you're going to get your hands on UFO: Extraterrestrials? Worry no more as Paradox Interactive has stepped in.

Paradox Interactive announced today that it will publish UFO Extraterrestrials for the European market from retailers or by download from Gamer’s Gate.

“We are very excited about this release as the game fits in well with the nostalgia wave hitting the computer games industry said Fredrik Wester, Executive Vice President of Paradox Interactive. We believe this will be a great hit with gamers who enjoyed games like the X-com series and similar”

UFO Extraterrestrials takes place in the year 2025 on the recently colonized planet of Esperanza. The colony has come under attack from alien forces, and it's up to players to control a squad of soldiers, robots, and support vehicles and fight back the invading menace.

UFO Extraterrestrials is retailing for €19.99 all across Europe in the end of June. Gamer’s Gate will be carrying the game for European gamers from May 4th.
On a related note, The Wargamer has a very brief UFO: ET preview.

Unless something goes drastically wrong with game as it comes to release, it will be the spiritual successor to the X-COM series. So X-COM fans rejoice! If you are a fan of the original series you won't be disappointed.

#2 Knan

Knan

Napalm squaddie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:19 PM

Looks good. Finally watched the gameplay trailer #3 tonight...

Paradox? Yay! Won't have any problem getting hold of it in Norway, then - them being succesfull swedes and all.

Mad Czech Programmers remaking X-COM, and getting away with it! Yay! Yay! :D

Native Linux version would be optimal, but I'll settle for "Runnable in Cedega/Wine".

#3 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:07 PM

That is good news (19,99 only wow!) and bad news (end of june except 1st of May). Otoh i do play Xforce atm and i'm totally addicted, so i can easily wait a bit longer :D

#4 fastestlouigie

fastestlouigie

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

Play.com has the boxed version available as of 1st July for £14.99(free p+p)

#5 Knan

Knan

Napalm squaddie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

Hrmpf. Still not in at EBgames in Oslo. Supposed to be here very soonish, though.

#6 Crazy Gringo

Crazy Gringo

War is hell and war never changes therefore hell never changes

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:45 AM

View PostKnan, on 5th July 2007, 6:36pm, said:

Hrmpf. Still not in at EBgames in Oslo. Supposed to be here very soonish, though.
Try looking over in the dark corner of the shop....That's where non mainstream games wind up *tells Gollum to go haunt EBgames HQ*.
Or try some of the smaller gameshops/dealers in the Oslo area. You might get lucky.
Words to live by from Sergent Gunnery Highway: ' You adapt, improvise and overcome!'

'To kill a dream it is not enough to kill the dreamer', -Quote by Crazy Gringo until proven otherwise.

Mental Father of Air Morelman and Air Wargot!

Official StrategyCore UFO: Afterlight previewer. Preview here!

Has joined the league of 'The Crazy 8800s'

#7 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

View Postfastestlouigie, on 1st July 2007, 1:55pm, said:

Play.com has the boxed version available as of 1st July for £14.99(free p+p)
Yeah yeah, the bastards deliver to Malta, Cyprus and Vatican, but not Slovenia... As if we didn't adopt Euro... So I have to buy from expensive local distributers. :blush:

#8 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:42 PM

View PostSpace Voyager, on 17th August 2007, 10:31am, said:

Yeah yeah, the bastards deliver to Malta, Cyprus and Vatican, but not Slovenia... As if we didn't adopt Euro... So I have to buy from expensive local distributers. :blush:
Slowhat? :wub:

#9 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:21 AM

[Homer style]Why you little arrrgh! [/Homer style]

But yes, that must be it. Luckily we start our EU presidency soon so don't mess with us!!! :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users