• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too bad the site is in Russian :dontgetit:

This is the "Concept" page as translated by an online translator:

Project "Ufo-2007. Unknown Project." it is the attempt to make remeyk of the original Ufo-1 with the use of an aspect of the concepts of such recreation areas it is world as Fallout and Warhammer 40.000, and so, with the considerable expansion of the objective and physical space of the play peace Ufo-1.

Since the classical ideology Ufo-1 Until now, not it was realized not in one of the products in name of which they were encountered these magic for geymera letters (or "other", not less known letters, which look like "X -com"), at given moment of time there is a completely real chance to make this game of such what it they await hundreds of thousands of geymerov in entire peace.

Ideologically "Ufo-2007. Unknown Project." it is not project on the creation of separate game, this is project on the creation of play medium, including online, with the constantly supplemented objective base, by the connected modules and "addonami".

After the completion of the works on the base components of project, is completely probable the release of the line of table "vargeymov" bazirovannykh on "Ufo-2007. Unknown Project."

Project has a name working "Ufo-2007. Unknown Project.", but it speaks only about the fact that the concept of project it is based on the concept Ufo-1 and if we approach the realization of project in 2004-2005 the, most likely end of the work on the first aspect of the project will occur in 2007. "Unknown Project" because practically no one about it knows in this stage.

With the work on the project the group of development does not adhere to standard of diagram, and for this reason under the term vision- document are implied not 10-20 pages of text, but much large volumes of information. Is assumed that this site it must become the online version vision- document on this project (complete version vision- document it will have volume on the order of 650-700 mb on the CD and about 2000 pages of the printed text).

The work on the project is conducted already approximately one year and in this stage the project is located in its "noncommercial" stage. In accordance with the job schedule existing at current time the complete version vision- document must be created toward the end of 2004.

With the certain fraction of conditionality this project can be considered "frilenserskoy" territory on which the man with the presence of kreativnogo potential can itself appear. The planned volumes of works are great, and if we who either from the artists, 3D-modellerov or people of those desiring work with the text descriptions will decide to be joined to the project, this will be very by the way. Further information about that as to be joined to our project can be seen in the division "collaboration".

At current time, around the project has already been planned the defined motion among the companies of those interested in its commercial side, moreover among the interested persons to eat both the Russian companies and "foreigners". For the completely intelligible reasons this information will be promulgated only after interested in the publishing house of the project of face they will decide to make its moderately-priced.

This site is the pilot version of online vision- document and occupies 1Mb free place on the server of provider. It will be impossible to amuse public with a large quantity of visual and text material thus far for this reason.

When problem with the hosting is solved, on the site will appear a large quantity of graphic and text information (at the nastoyashiy moment this approximately 300Mb sketches, three-dimensional models, renderov and text).

Hmm, your online translator is awesome ;)

Looks like it's some global project to create gaming environment, including online version, with constantly enhancing object base, modules and addons. So, it seems to be very modifieble and extensible. Though at the moment only uncompleted version of design documentation exists (if this is what is ment by the word vision-document).

At least, it should be interesting. By the way, it's amazing, how many X-Com influenced projects are in development now. Now I think X-Com will not die.

EDIT: By the way, on their site, the reference to UFO points, where do you think? Yes, on XCTC! Cool. :)

This amazing picture is a prototype of Geoscape screen. It looks very functional, but I think is extremely overloaded with information.

EDIT: By the way Pete, why those links are funny looking ;)

Edited by cyrus

GO-GO-GO - fans!!!

Your opinions are very interesting to me. And that attention is pleasant for me which was caused by(with) our project.

It is supposed that the plenty full-size the graphics will appear on this site approximately in 2-3 weeks, and the English version will be prepared approximately in 4-5 months.

Yours faithfully. 1101

Wow.. that's inspirational...

I clicked around, Pete, and saw the armor but missed that geoscape.

Mmmm. Aircraft status with refuelling progress bars.. that would have been so useful in my multi-ufo pursuit last weekend.

And "Planetary System Monitor"? I can just imagine! "Snakemen! Jupiter is crawling with Snakemen! We've lost the probe"

And "Planetary System Monitor"? I can just imagine! "Snakemen! Jupiter is crawling with Snakemen! We've lost the probe"

Well, actually as it was stated somewhere on the site (I think under vision doc section) the game would have three parts. In the first part you'll have to wipe the aliens out of Earth. Then the turn comes for the whole Sol system. And, finally, you destroy the aliens homeworld. Besides, some addons are planned in which you have to free some other alien enslaved worlds. What amazed me the most is an estimated volume of this game: 4 CDs for the first part, 2 for each of the other two :crazy: Maybe just put it on DVD?

Not sure. If the plans will go perfect and the game will be released around 2007 (as stated in the name), many would have DVD by this time, I think. At least now the DVD drives cost the same as CD five-six years ago.

Ufo is the best thing I've ever seen ! I hope that "UFO-2007. Unknown Project" will be better and mych powerful in fuctions and graphic intreface, I also impatient to see some screenshots from the game. I've visited the site of the "UFO-2007. Unknown Project" and I saw the models and all that stuff ,and I think if it will go out on the game market, whenever that, it will be the most greatest UFO game in a hole world !!!

RVI respect man, 1101 , your project will be successful !!!

>> ...I also impatient to see some screenshots from the game.

Yes, some "screenshots" will be placed on a site of the project, but it not real screenshots, that 3D-renders (3D-scenes) with the placed atop of them of the interface breadboard model, for demonstration of a kind of game environment in a "Mission Mode".

It is supposed that it will appear on new server in middle or end of the current week.

I shall inform about opening new server with a plenty fool-sized the graphics in addition.

P.S. I'm so sorry for my broken english... ;)

Hehe, your broken English is much better than my broken Russian. You're doing fine. It makes me annoyed that they don't teach different languages nearly as much here in England as they do around the rest of the world.

Would you guys like to do some sort of interview with us somewhere further along in your game's production? I'm sure the fans have plenty of interesting questions lined up for you already ;)

Hehe, your broken English is much better than my broken Russian. You're doing fine. It makes me annoyed that they don't teach different languages nearly as much here in England as they do around the rest of the world.

Thanks, Pete. But I am use translator-program (what to avoid mistakes by writing), and my written-english is 70% auto-translate + 30% my modest experience. ;)

Would you guys like to do some sort of interview with us somewhere further along in your game's production? I'm sure the fans have plenty of interesting questions lined up for you already

Ok, Pete.... If fans have some questions, I try to answer them (though to make the press-releases very much early - you see the project while is in a condition of the vision-document).

Send me questions-list on my e-mail, and I try to answer them (in your forum).

Now project "UFO-2007. Unknown Project" has the "mirror" on which has appeared the plenty full-sized the graphics.

New URL: https://game.stork.ru/index.htm

In new site you can see that:

https://game.stork.ru/Catalog/ssh002l.jpg

in https://game.stork.ru/sshotes.htm

or that:

https://game.stork.ru/Catalog/tab031l.jpg

in https://game.stork.ru/terarmr.htm

or that:

https://game.stork.ru/Catalog/twpl031l.jpg

and that:

https://game.stork.ru/Catalog/twsh032l.jpg

in https://game.stork.ru/tweappl.htm and https://game.stork.ru/tweapsh.htm