Sniper Skill reducing weapon range

Fenris

I recently trained one of the soldiers with the sniper skill and now every weapon that the soldier pickes up has a reduced weapon range. So far both the female soldiers in my team has the sniper skill and the sniper rifle has a range of 30m with no attachments and the guys have a range of 46m with no attachments. All of them are level 17.

I've searched the forums and the internet but I havent found any mention of this anywhere, is this normal? Is the sniper skill supposed to drop your weapon range? Because it really doesnt make sense and have a sniper rifle with a range of 30m is really quite useless. :bleh:

Something strange is happening with my 2 females warriors too. Is something about the aiming skill. Any weapon they have (rifle, laser, cannon, shotgun etc.), the aiming time is too long (between 8 and 20 seconds) in comparation with the 2 warriors males (between 0,5 and 3,5 seconds). And they all are level 20. This bug wasn't from the beginnig of the game. I noticed it when the things became complicated in the game (the apparition of the martians). Have anybody an ideea about this?

• 1 month later...

I fear I'm starting to see this... or a variant.

Fitting a scope to my silenced sniper rifle reduced its range from 45 to 40 m. (All right, so it increased the damage, but huh?)

Bah, ignore me. Standard vs. long range ammo.

Edited by Knan

I fear I'm starting to see this... or a variant.

Fitting a scope to my silenced sniper rifle reduced its range from 45 to 40 m. (All right, so it increased the damage, but huh?)

Bah, ignore me. Standard vs. long range ammo.

since when does a scope increase damage? ok. yeah. weird. i don't think it's happening to me but... it might.

(i'm not gonna give a shameless advertisement. just click the banner.)