Some praise, and a few dumb questions....

Alpha_Monkey

Howdy.

Well, first, may I say I wish I'd found this place sooner. Some excellent stories here. I only found this place after googling on a whim, after discovering Xcom about 10 years late.

Anyway, this place *appears* to be pretty much dead, and I didn't wanna indulge in any thread necromancy, but I'd just like to ask if there are likely to be any forthcoming stories around here? Like, ever?

"Agents" was truly brilliant, and almost reminded me of something I'd see on the TV. I've read a lot of Tom Clancy, and it honestly surpassed him in some ways.

Also great were the short stories, especially the references to the Siege of New York, and Project Gearheads subsequent levelling of the place. Are there any more stories along these lines?

They're very dark, and I lurve it. Reminds me of both the Aliens novels which referenced the Earth War (there was a trilogy, I think), and John Ringo's Aldenata series.

Would I be selfish and petulant in *demanding* more?

:bleh:

Welcome! If you check out the X-COM links section at the front page, there should be some more fan-fiction linked to there. There are also some cooperative fan-fiction threads here that are still active. Beyond that, why don't you supply some yourself? :bleh:

Absolutely I must concur... The best way to continue the games beyond the games themselves is to continue them yourself in your own personal way!

You need to pay a visit to the fanfiction forms, the best part of this site;) Even if it's just a quick short story, based on a gaming experience or a quick whim its always appealing to a fellow XCommer!

Really though you should join the faniction itself, the really mainstream section of the entire site! I love the fanfic here, its a large part of what keeps me here, even though I don't give it as much time as I should!

Make a character profile or just come and enter the fanfic discussion and talk about the way they're going at the moment, we'd love some more input either way!!!!

Wow. *Glances at FA*

*Sheepishly kicks dirt.* Well I've been sitting on a proper 25 000 word work dealing specifically with the Siege which isn't finished yet. (It hasn't even reached the end of the first day of the Siege.)

Uh. Let me go, and, uh. Work on that.

To clarify, Skonar's the one who thought up The Siege of New York, I just came up with the name.

There will be new work forthcoming from me, as things have been left far too long. I have no doubt Skonar has some stuff up his sleeve, too.