Total Rebalance Modification for UFO: Afterlight

Slaughter

Way back when UFO: Aftermath was released, Aralez started developing the Rebalance modification. With his trusty helpers, he set out to change and expand the game in ways few would think possible. The result was a modification downloaded thousands of times from this and other sites.

ShadoWarrior kept this great tradition going with the Weapon Rebalance modification for UFO: Aftershock. Again the target was to change and expand the game to the players liking, and the thousands of downloads it has had is a testament to the success.

Now ShadoWarrior has a team of dedicated modders working with him on the Total Rebalance Modification for UFO: Afterlight. They have expanded the scope to include anything they see fit in the game, and they would like your input!

smg04wt2.jpg weapsvi2.jpg sshot20070311145536ge7.jpg sshot20070311150031sw2.jpg

Above you can see a concept, a model and two in-game sceenshots from the modification. If you'd like to read more about it and provide feedback, or even lend a hand, head over to the Total Rebalance Forum.

You can find a complete list of available modifications for UFO: Afterlight in this topic.

• 3 weeks later...
Greetings! :bleh:

I have a question about the 3rd pic... dont know if it's a featutre in the mod but, how do i get my space marines (i like that expression :what: ) use both guns at the same time?

Yes and no I think. You can use some pistols dual in the normal game, but the mods gives you more weapons to use that way. You should ask ShadoWarrior or one of the other players however, as I haven't played as far as I wish I had yet (little free time these days).

@Aralez: Indeed old timer! :P And you should be proud, as I believe ShadoWarrior played your mod quite a bit. He'll have to confirm that however. Did you play Afterlight yet?

@Kret:

hmm dont know what u mean with "AMBIDEXTRY".... i guess smth with "DEXTERITY" but whats with the prefix "AMBI"? :what::bleh:

Corbec Ambidexterity is one of the skills in which you can train your soldiers. Ambidexterity means that you can use your right and left hands (or feet) equally, you are neither right or left handed.

Yes, it replaced Dawn of War as my favourite game and you know how much i like DoW! It is very hardware hungry, though. On my AMD3000+ with 1GB Ram and 6600GT grafic card the biggest game i can play is a 20x20 map (that's kilometres btw!!!) with 4 players each at 500 units.

The biggest map is 80x80 km, you can play with 8 players each at 1000 units !!! Of course you should bring some free hours/days to play them :D The game units (especially the Mega-Units called Experimentals), the giant nuke explosions, the shields, well, it's awesome!

See here for a nice (beware: low-res) usermade film: https://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=361...q=flail-supreme

and here for another one:

edit: There are already hundreds of maps and mods for this game, now you can e.g. play with 5000 units per side :D Now models and total conversions are being developed, too. An official map editor will be released soon (an user-made editor already exists).