Official X-COM Fan Art thread

Pumpkinhead

Hey PKH, when I clicked on your link for you drawing album, I got a DNS error, then was transferred to a search engine.  Is that the correct Addy, or is my laptop being difficult again?

I checked the link myself when I posted it, so I know it works... So by process of elimination, I've decided it must be your laptop ;)

• 9 months later...

hi im new to this forum and to xcom

been playing for like a week now... love the game but

my school marks are going down the tube so i gotta stop at least until christmas

anyways ive read through the majority of the meaningful posts like the savefile hacking and what not and ive been through all of the pck files and background images

its just something about the game... the graphics rule so much

i was just wondering if you people know if there are anymore fanart pieces other than the ones posted on this site there should be some floating around the

net because this game was really popular back in the day right?

and im also interested if anyone has any info on the beta version of ufo

like screenshots of weird items and objects and features not found in the public releases

thanks

- beb

Fan art as in fan drawn art of unused art from the games? Just want to clarify.

For unused art, there are some sections on XCommand that showcase unused images from the various games.

As for fanart, there's plenty, but they're scattered all over the place, so it's hard to direct you in any given direction.

I do a lot of scribbles involving soldiers in power armour and laser pistols (this combination is a bit of an obsession), but don't post them anywhere because that's all they are. Scribbles. The most I do these days is digitise my scribbles, touch them up a bit and turn them into my avatar icons.

- NKF

the unused art i have seen on Xcommand

what im after is the fan drawn or rendered or compiled or whatever art

the art fans made.

NKF ive been to your site and seen some of your

'scribbles' i must say theyre pretty good, could you show some more of them?

please? id like to see some higher res versions of those avatars :D

ive been doodling some xcom weapons too during my classes as a result of becoming obsessed with this game so im just interested in other peoples works

personally i would kill to get my hands on a prerelease version of ufo to see

all the features they cut

itd be so neat

sort of like how they cut hand to hand combat out of C&C tiberium dawn and the

extra gory death animations that came along with that (they were still in the game

data files at the time of release though, which is how i know :P )

Just recently I went surfing myself, and found the beta version screen shots over at XCommand.

Pics can be seen on this page, and more on this page.

I immediately mailed the web master guy (Brian or whatever his name was), asking for any leads on this beta version. No reply. :P

One reason I want it, is because of the extra maps bundled with the final release. They are different versions of various UFOs. Unfortunately, these early UFO designs use a different tile list then the normal UFOs (presumabley they updated the tile lists), so you can't see the things in their full splender. I figured the beta version might include the original tile sets.

Though I suppose a bit of creativity could also be used to view the crafts.

I've been meaning to make a collection of NKF's avatars. Though I must admit I forgot all about it, and only got one or two.

There was some concept art for genesis floating around, but I lost the link.

• 2 weeks later...