Official X-COM Fan Art thread

Pumpkinhead

Ok, I added that piece (along with the two from Prostetiche) to our fan art site page. :)

And in the biggest case of "while you are at it syndrome", I recoded the entire page into semi-html and put the art into tables with frames around them for that "gallery" appearance. I think it makes the page look more professional now. Hope you guys like it, and if you see more art which we don't have yet, let me know. :)

- Zombie

I've not put out any art in years (not counting the millions of sketches on post-it notes I've done over the years). Might have to get back to it some time. Could anyone suggest any free image hosting site that I could use for this? I've about given up using my Yahoo!Geocities space...the tedium of accessing it got to me.

I do have a Photobucket account for taking pictures of toys for review, but I take it Photobucket is for photos.

- NKF

Yup, any of those are good. I guess you just have to shop around and pick the one you like best. :(

Hmm... if you did upload an entire set of X-COM pics to it, they could just be fed into a page on the site...

...not that I'm only thinking of myself or anything :)

Couldn't be thinking of yourself, as I'm the one adding the pics. :) Besides, I don't think any X-COM artist is proficient enough to produce more art than I'm able to add to the site manually. :)

- Zombie

• 3 months later...
I really wouldn't be surprised if that were to become an official game cover!

LOL, it would be a great cover indeed! ;)

So this isn't really fanart... but still:

https://www.elfwood.com/art/n/i/nickspaceko...rmanew.jpg.html

Nice! Too bad it isn't X-COM inspired art though. If you see something on the net which we don't have, let me know. :blink:

- Zombie

• 1 month later...

Hehe, yea... the sandvich was made by a friend of mine. I had the honors of eating it ;)

We're both total TF2 geeks ;)

Thx for putting the pic on the fanart page. I think I'll make a few others, though I'm usually really lazy lol.

I'll post em up as soon as they're done.

-Skrie :laugh:

Great stuff! The plasma cannons are a nice touch instead of stupid missiles like the Avenger is normally shown with. I think the only time I ever used human-based weapons on that craft is when I needed to do some testing. ;)

Added it to the fan art page BTW. :laugh:

- Zombie

A Large Scout probably full of cute little Sectoids is about to touch down. !

I know I didn't pay enough attention to the perspective...

(That's why I should have 3dmaxxed it lol ! :laugh: I still like the composition though ;)

I fantasized how these babies would look like in the sky !

https://skrie.danoli3.com/Large_Scout_Thumb.jpg

-Skrie ;)