HELP!!! game too slow [AL]

binog

i am really keen on getting the game so i checked the demo out.

all is well till the game starts (including intro) but at the first mission everything turns painfully slow!

graphics are fine!

i tried down grading all the graphic specs to a bare minimum but still no help.

i have a CCC 7.1 (i read about the problems with the 7.2 ...)

all drivers are up to date (dx 9.0c...), no other programs running in the background ( i even started the game through dignostic start up with msconfig)

my computer is a HP AMD 64 laptop, 2 GHz with 1 GB RAM and an ATI Mobility

General slowness is mostly caused by the graphics card inability to handle the amount of information that is needed to render the game....

I haven't been able to find any (and I do mean any) information on your graphics card. Guess I have to look harder.

Another thing that there can cause general slowness in a game is the fact that you are playing it on a laptop instead of a workstation....(It may be a myth....)

General slowness is mostly caused by the graphics card inability to handle the amount of information that is needed to render the game....

I haven't been able to find any (and I do mean any) information on your graphics card. Guess I have to look harder.

Another thing that there can cause general slowness in a game is the fact that you are playing it on a laptop instead of a workstation....(It may be a myth....)

i read some where that the graphic card is equivalent to an ATI x300

Try this: Start->Run... msconfig

When there, check Diagnostics boot, and let it restart the system. If it runs fine in this mode, it is a background program causing the trouble. If it doesn't help, you can try to ask ALTAR support. Might be that your graphics card isn't good enough. Oh, make sure you set it back to Normal boot after you tested, as antivirus and so on will be disabled in diagnostics boot.

Try this: Start->Run... msconfig

When there, check Diagnostics boot, and let it restart the system. If it runs fine in this mode, it is a background program causing the trouble. If it doesn't help, you can try to ask ALTAR support. Might be that your graphics card isn't good enough. Oh, make sure you set it back to Normal boot after you tested, as antivirus and so on will be disabled in diagnostics boot.

thanks, but i already tried that...

i just sent an email to the ALTAR support. i can only guess what their reply will be

if you guys come up with anything please let me know...

Upgrade your graphics card!

is it as simple on a laptop as it is on a desktop?

just get the chip, open the laptop and switch?

It really depend on your laptop model.

So my advice is to talk to the people that sold your the laptop.

It does, but in most cases the graphics card is integrated on the motherboard. Either way, most manufacturers don't allow you to open your system at any rate.