It certainly has been a while since the last UFO2000 update was released (July 2006), but a new beta was released on the 23rd of February!
After a few months of unplanned inactivity, The UFO2000 development team is back with a major Beta release! We made sure to work on stuff that was either put aside for too long or really wanted by the community. A new Stable release is coming soon, as we started reviewing the documentation.
- Battlescape now supports 16 levels (Nachtwolf)
- LUA maps are now supported ! - For an example, see the bugtracker (Nachtwolf)
- Aliens are back with their inventory pictures (Nachtwolf)
- Improved mainmenu picture and ergonomics. (Nachtwolf)
- Replays have been fixed and work now. (Nachtwolf)
- Trajectory of thrown items now shows object obstruction (Judeau)
- Update to ufo2000 weapons (Sporb)
- Some minor bug fixes
You can download the version here
. Could you imagine 16 levels in X-COM? Nice stuff guys, keep up the good work!
My X-COM Patch Kit For UFO Defense | Emergency XCOM Meeting spoof on YouTube
Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!