Can't progress an unavailable research - need help/hints

Csimbi

Hi there,

I "own" over half the Mars terrain.

Allies with both Martians and Reticulans, killed the Reticulan expedition.

There is nothing I can research anymore, but there are a few that are unavailable, however the pre-requisites do not allow me to research them. These pre-requisites are: "Beastman Shaman Interrogation" and "Beastman Commander Interrogation".

I barely get any Beastman mission nowadays (I am about to attack their stronghold and the "keys" to the stronghold") - I am afraid to terminate them because I fear that I either messed up a mission or I missed something because I cannot research those things.

When I go to a Beastman mission with Shamans on it and I try to stun them, they are not added to my team, their health bar turns gray and they keep laying on the ground...

Any ideas what have I missed/what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

One way to 'overcome' this little problem you could let the Beastmen occupy some of your territory so you can get some capture missions.

Getting the right prereqs sounds like that infamous research bug from TFTD.

If I recall correctly if you stunned an enemy in Aftershock and it was so at the end of the mission it counted as a captured one.

Here in Afterlight you actually have to capture one in a mission to make it count as a captured one.

This allows you to mess up your game if you don't play it right. Sure you can clean up the mess if you use your smarts and starts thinking creatively.

Ok, I let them capture a few.

The beasts have captured 7 areas within quite a short period, but all mission where "kill all", "destroy marked object" or "destroy marked enemy".

So I went to a "destroy marked object" mission, but when I got close to the object I realized that I did not bring any technicians with explosives.

So, I aborted the mission. Interestingly the mission did not disappear though - it turned into a capture mission with an alchemist to capture. So I grabbed Him.

I let time go quickly again, then another mission (which was already there) turned into a capture mission as well. This time I got the shaman.

Now the only thing I need is a commander - but I've never seen such unit in combat, so I'm a bit worried. Or does commander mean the chief/captain/matriarch units?

Thanks for the suggestion again, it worked...

But now I need to re-take those areas...

***Edit

Typo fix.