Heavy Vs light suits

Good day again chaps :(

Just thought I would start a new section on suits/armours.In my particular game I have been using heavy armour on my main assault squad,except for my scout who normally operates in lighter armour.Then a thought entered my head *we should not be getting hit this much,what can we do about it?*.Well,first thing is to get on your bleedin stomach for starters! thus making yourself a smaller target and giving you a more stable firing platform.So,I decided to try my squad in the old lighter armours for a change,and guess what,we didnt even get scratched!.This is going to prove useful against the RF & EF (reticulan & expedition),however,as I have not begun the terraforming process yet (intended) I will still be forced to use the heavier armours on some missions.I have therefore come to the conclusion that mobility and stance FAR outweighs sheer bulk and immobility.The BM were annihilated in my last mission as this shot shows,with Harald lending some awesome rocket support! :D

Oh by the way,my squad was fitted with LR ammo so they were in range of the BM,except Harald who had AP ammo,as he is the pointman usually and needs extra grunt in his weapon.My Ret was placed on the edge of the cliff to the right to provide some rear guard action,just in case those stinking creatures tried to pull a crafty one off :(

Rockets away!:

https://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s...20145255el2.jpg

See you tonight as usual.

• 5 years later...

in fact I played my first game with light armor and wiped enemies all the time (all kind of enemies) until certain point where matriarcs started killing me too fast from very afar (they have astonishing aiming).... but in that game I didnt use smell absorbers and failed with trainings so I restarted and by the way with TR mod. So yes, light and medium armor do work with rets and martians very well but with beast men you need hard armor and totally different tactics. So:

- you can go tactical with rets and martians, like ninja, maneuvering, etc. I specially liked using my 2 rets mind controling martians.

- you go "fire-wall" in heavy suits against beast men. Just like you are tanks of some sort, dont bother about being hit.

- you can go tactical and mind controling against beast men to a certain point of the game but then you MIUST switch to heavy suits.

In other words, you can use both tactics one each against different enemies.