UFO:AL Screenshots

Cheers CG.

You are right about the drone scout,in fact I used to use them as scouts in :AS.I think the main reason they would be useful as scouts is their relative expendability compared with humans.This fact holds true against the RF and EF,in which case I would like to send the scout even deeper into their ranks,and if possible zip out even quicker before taking damage.Yes,drones are built for recon mate.In fact a drone recon unit is ESSENTIAL against the EF,due to the fact that they cant be controlled by the enemy.

In my game I am still concentrating on traditional Earth tech before moving onto the advanced stuff,which I am planning to save for possible future attacks against the RF and EF.

Even though technology gives us an EDGE,it doesnt guarantee us victory alone,and I believe traditional military tactics are just as important,if not more so. :(

By the way Gringo,can drones be fitted with flame weapons?.I am thinking of an independant flame unit to engage the EF up close,you know?,like Flamethrowers that were used in Nam hehe.

By the way Gringo,can drones be fitted with flame weapons?.I am thinking of an independant flame unit to engage the EF up close,you know?,like Flamethrowers that were used in Nam hehe.

No flame weapons like the flamethrower is in the game....Plasma weapons should deal fire damage....But I have yet to capture a Martian soldier which is needed to research it.

Yeah, there is nothing like taking down your enemies with a buzzsaw. :(

As I continue my campaign against the Beastmen laser cannons are ripping through the Matrix Matriachs like butter.

Dodge this!

Shotguns and Gatlings each have their advantages put them together and you got a deadly combo.

S&G clash

I don't know what happend in this shot but suddenly it just died.

Suicide?

Psionics still kicks the beastman's rear better then anything else.

Mindbended

Some times I get the drop on the Beastmen which is the case with these two Matriachs.

1 down!

2 down!

First of we start with some rocket launcher fun.

When the dust settles after a rocket explosion you should only find dead enemies.

The little Beastman that could...Fly!

Now welcome to Robotics 101 or how to use drones.

Some people say that drones are slow weak and should only be used as cannon fodder. And they might be right since drones at first are a kind of what the Reticulans are at first. Weak and can be killed very easily.

But the drones does have some perks as time progresses in the game.

They evolve from being something near scrap metal to the most deadly weapon platforms in the game or the most toughskinned member of your troops soaking up damage that would kill even your toughest living counterpart.

So without any further ado let me introduce my fiercest creatures.

Robbie 1 with Quad Gatling Guns

Robbie 2 with Quad Rocket Launchers

Just to show how fierce these creatures are check out the screenshots below.

Robbie 1 in action

Now that firepower, mates!

But not as fun as it is with Robbie 2

Especially when you get the drop on your enemies.

No psionic emissions for Reticulans or smell for the Beastmen to detect makes them a kind of stealth units under the right circumstances.

Incoming

Touchdown

The hunter and it's prey

Impending Beastman doom

If robots could laugh....

So robots/drone do have a role to play on the battlefield and what is most important of all. They are expendable.

This one is mainly for you Gringo,as I know you love airborne warfare a lot.

My relatively inexperienced (for now) squad delivered some devastating concentrated fire on this BM and sent him hurtling into a nearby cliff!

Do you want to get the tape measure out Gringo,or shall I? I estimate:

Approx height: 4-5 metres

Approx trajectory: 60 - 70 degrees

Approx horizontal distance: 40-50 metres

Approx speed: 200 mph

Approx survival prognosis: extremely unlikely!

Humour: 10/10! :bleh::what:

https://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s...28230332bq9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick message to some of my old pals,who I havent spoke with in a few months now.I will be back up on Mars in the very near future (with new shots hopefully),only I have been busy studying a Comp TIA A+ PC Technician's course.Hopefully this will provide me with the means to earn some serious money,and we all know what that means dont we? EVEN BETTER EQUIPMENT FOR UFO:AL! :bleh:

So...wish me luck!

:what:

Just a quick message to some of my old pals,who I havent spoke with in a few months now.I will be back up on Mars in the very near future (with new shots hopefully),only I have been busy studying a Comp TIA A+ PC Technician's course.Hopefully this will provide me with the means to earn some serious money,and we all know what that means dont we? EVEN BETTER EQUIPMENT FOR UFO:AL! :bleh:

So...wish me luck!

:what:

Thems a lot of pretty letters in front of the only part of that course I could understand... technician.

Anywho good luck on it, will also help when AL throws the inevitable wobblies, you'll know how to fix it :P

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I also laughed a bit when I saw the blue screens.

Don't worry about the user interface, the first impression with it can disorientate people. I myself spent at least 30 minutes or even more understanting each and every screen when I tried the demo. I should start posting images myself, I just keep forgetting.

• 4 months later...

This is a shot I took about half an hour ago.As you can see,it is dark,and I like the dark,it gives me an advantage you see,a BIG one! very rarely do I attack in daylight these days.Very effective tactic against Beastmen too,they just stumble blindly into my squad who are all kitted with night vision,and the scout/sniper has thermal vision...just in case he needs to pick out a vulnerable part (I think thats its main purpose).Having said that,the thermal mode doesnt appear to be THAT effective,and its still a resource hog like in AL,night vision is much better.

Must say the first time I saw these new suits I was quite impressed.

https://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s...16183756ek2.jpg

Couple more I did earlier tonight.

Here my Anti Beastman squad begin to pulverise a Matriarch,just a damn pity that Gatling cannon suffers from poor accuracy (even with the accuracy enhancement to the suit).Even so,it/she hit the dirt like all the rest.

She DID manage to squeeze a Plasma round onto my squad,with little effect.

I lost my old Medic Tadeusz in a previous mission to a f##king spider that managed to worm its way into my squad's REAR somehow!,and so is now replaced by the little mardy-arse Rita.I hate spiders in real life anyhow,so they are gonna be burnt from now on!. :blush:

https://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s...20153434ac4.jpg

Here the squad feel the heat again with another searing Plasma round,but survived...again.

https://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ss...20153604gm5.jpg

My current game:

I have now managed to successfully contain the BM in a small pocket on the Southern pole of Mars,where they will stay for a while,as I now take my war to the Rets.All the BM artifact sites are now secure and that has slowed their attacks down to a virtual stop.

The Martians have about 3 territories,and will be invaded very soon in response to their attacks on my territories earlier in the game.No mercy EVER is my bloody motto!!

I am still a little wary of the Expedition,but they have kept to their word so far,and so are still my allies.