#21 Crazy Gringo

new
Crazy Gringo

War is hell and war never changes therefore hell never changes

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:06 AM

In my search to overcome the latest Beastman weapon and armor leap I decided to try out the Warp Cannon from Earth. With some very promising results as shown below.
You've been Warped!
They might do lot's of damage but they are a bit slow for my taste.

After rushing in the production of my first set of sniper rifle I put them to good use on a night mission. Knocking them out with the sniper rifle and finishing them of with the shotgun.
Finished it!

As always with these seek and destroy mission you gotta hunt down every single one of them.
I surprised this Matriach (damn bugger).
Showdown martian style

Well back to Mars....
Words to live by from Sergent Gunnery Highway: ' You adapt, improvise and overcome!'

'To kill a dream it is not enough to kill the dreamer', -Quote by Crazy Gringo until proven otherwise.

Mental Father of Air Morelman and Air Wargot!

Official StrategyCore UFO: Afterlight previewer. Preview here!

Has joined the league of 'The Crazy 8800s'

#22 Martian base commander

new
Martian base commander

Alien collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:40 PM

Nice shots guys,keep em coming.
Here is a few new ones from a recent mission.
This one clearly shows an intense firefight,ending up with having to fully retreat to a safer position,ie the UFO!  :) I finished the mission eventually.

http://img249.images...16220337mz5.jpg

I recently got a weapons shipment from Earth,and I eagerly anticipated exactly what we were getting.This is what we unloaded!  :(

http://img245.images...17001930pf5.jpg

This just had to be field tested straight away! I shall say no more other than that Mech over there was destroyed in one shot! :D

http://img245.images...17013421cf2.jpg

Finally,this is what happens to BM who just had to f### with me on a bad day! a grenade right on their heads thats what!  :(  

http://img45.imagesh...17023317gh0.jpg

See you all later.
For those wanting to delve deeper into UFOAL and learn advanced strategies etc , visit my own UFOAL group at -  http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/the_uf...ecreation_dome/

#23 Crazy Gringo

new
Crazy Gringo

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

Todays session went much more smooth with the arrival of two new heavy weapons, Laser Cannon and Gatling Gun, to the battle field. It also helped that I got some new armor that really puts a dampener on the Beastmens projectile weapons.

First of a shot of the Laser Cannons special ability, the power shot!
Feel the Power!

The next one show the Gatling Guns special ability, scattershot!
Just rolling!

The good old sniper headshot still roles the battlefield.
Head Shot!

And we finish of with some shotgun fun.

Right in the gut!

One shot, two kills!

Finishing up!
Words to live by from Sergent Gunnery Highway: ' You adapt, improvise and overcome!'

'To kill a dream it is not enough to kill the dreamer', -Quote by Crazy Gringo until proven otherwise.

#24 Crazy Gringo

new
Crazy Gringo

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

Since a long spell of quiet from the Reticulan Rebels walked on the wrong side of the fence. So I decided to kick their little rear all the way of the planet into the realm of the Grim Reaper.
In the assault on the final Reticulan Rebel territories the terrain was very much in my favor as I found a place that I call 'Snipers Perch'

After I decided that Ute's fun time was over I send in the Gatling Gunners (Diego and Harald) to clean out the rest of the Reticulan Rebels. As seen here in the last stand of the Reticulan Rebels.

As always the Matriachs are the bitches of the battlefield which needs to be put down as soon as possible.
One way of doing it is with heavy laser weapons as seen here.

Psionics is especially an other very efficent way of bringing them down as seen here. A real Kodak moment.

Stunning them also works to buy some time and then finishing them off the way you want too as seen here.

I'm gonna try to blow one up with some dynamite  :(. That should make an example to all the other beastmen out there on Mars and beyond.

#25 Martian base commander

new
Martian base commander

Alien collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:26 PM

Good evening once again ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Mar's only public cinema,where we get the chance to see our boys and girls in action  :(
For those of you who are still struggling to come to grips with the EF have no fear,as for the last 2 hrs or so I have been studying these little pests,and have come up with some good strategies to use against them.
So listen up!

1: it is IMPERATIVE that you create a solid base area,with good long range fire support,preferably with 2 gunners who excel at long range marksmanship.

2:You MUST bring with you a grenade launcher or similar weapon,for critical area effect support,as the RF and EF attack en-masse and are easy to target this way.

3: you must send your scout far ahead of the main force to look for the main threat here,the MCUs.He will be pivotal in being able to provide your grenade launcher operative (I use him just like a mortar) with line of sight to the target/s.

4: you must nominate a member as the ammo man,so he can bring along extra grenades and drop them off next to the grenade launcher (GL).

5: your scout MUST remain mobile,so as not to be flanked and attacked by the MCUs by surprise.Many times have I been MC'd by an invisible force,and that is how to counter it.

6: the most important rule however,is good target aqquisition,and being able to rotate your fire intelligently and decisively through the enemy formation.Example,use the 2 long range gunners to target MCUS and flanking forces,so that the enemy remains at least partially down your centre.If attacked by superior numbers every man must then mark his/her targets and fire at will.Bombard the enemy generally where the highest concentration is with area-effect weapons,until the enemy becomes more manageble.A sniper would be extra useful here to target MCUs and Expedition Rocketmen (ER),so that the rest of the squad can concentrate on the other threats.

7:any stragglers can be attacked traditionally,and the base formation can be abandoned,for a more looser formation.

Trust me here,do not think I am being too tactical,the EF are VERY dangerous,and these tactics work,as the following shots shall show.

Here the squad assume their positions and establish a base,with good perimeter security,and grenade support is towards the middle out of harm.

http://img267.images...21210834wj9.jpg

Having bombarded countless EF,one remaining Ret tried to flee for his life.We of course cannot allow that and we opened fire with the mortar...well GL  :(

http://img255.images...21214728jt1.jpg

The result  :D

http://img160.images...21214739pd5.jpg

I was attacked easily by about 15 or so EF,and only my scout recieved light damage.

Hope all this helps you out there soldier,trust me,you'll need it!.
For those wanting to delve deeper into UFOAL and learn advanced strategies etc , visit my own UFOAL group at -  http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/the_uf...ecreation_dome/

#26 Crazy Gringo

new
Crazy Gringo

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:05 PM

Nice tactics.
I got a suggestion to replace the scout with a armored drone.
Preferbly with the armor in this screenshot.
There is even a turtle armor for recon drones but I haven't made it yet.

#27 Martian base commander

new
Martian base commander

Alien collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:39 AM

Cheers CG.

You are right about the drone scout,in fact I used to use them as scouts in :AS.I think the main reason they would be useful as scouts is their relative expendability compared with humans.This fact holds true against the RF and EF,in which case I would like to send the scout even deeper into their ranks,and if possible zip out even quicker before taking damage.Yes,drones are built for recon mate.In fact a drone recon unit is ESSENTIAL against the EF,due to the fact that they cant be controlled by the enemy.

In my game I am still concentrating on traditional Earth tech before moving onto the advanced stuff,which I am planning to save for possible future attacks against the RF and EF.

Even though technology gives us an EDGE,it doesnt guarantee us victory alone,and I believe traditional military tactics are just as important,if not more so.  :(

By the way Gringo,can drones be fitted with flame weapons?.I am thinking of an independant flame unit to engage the EF up close,you know?,like Flamethrowers that were used in Nam hehe.

#28 Crazy Gringo

new
Crazy Gringo

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:09 AM

View PostBlueBlood, on 22nd February 2007, 2:39am, said:

By the way Gringo,can drones be fitted with flame weapons?.I am thinking of an independant flame unit to engage the EF up close,you know?,like Flamethrowers that were used in Nam hehe.
No flame weapons like the flamethrower is in the game....Plasma weapons should deal fire damage....But I have yet to capture a Martian soldier which is needed to research it.

#29 woflborg2

new
woflborg2

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:42 AM

Here is a special moment being shared between a matriarch and Rita.

http://img186.images...hshareaspf0.jpg

Yes, i like the melee!

#30 Crazy Gringo

new
Crazy Gringo

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, there is nothing like taking down your enemies with a buzzsaw. :(

As I continue my campaign against the Beastmen laser cannons are ripping through the Matrix Matriachs like butter.
Dodge this!

Shotguns and Gatlings each have their advantages put them together and you got a deadly combo.
S&G clash

I don't know what happend in this shot but suddenly it just died.
Suicide?

Psionics still kicks the beastman's rear better then anything else.
Mindbended

Some times I get the drop on the Beastmen which is the case with these two Matriachs.
1 down!

2 down!

#31 Crazy Gringo

new
Crazy Gringo

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

First of we start with some rocket launcher fun.

When the dust settles after a rocket explosion you should only find dead enemies.

The little Beastman that could...Fly!

Now welcome to Robotics 101 or how to use drones.
Some people say that drones are slow weak and should only be used as cannon fodder. And they might be right since drones at first are a kind of what the Reticulans are at first. Weak and can be killed very easily.
But the drones does have some perks as time progresses in the game.
They evolve from being something near scrap metal to the most deadly weapon platforms in the game or the most toughskinned member of your troops soaking up damage that would kill even your toughest living counterpart.

So without any further ado let me introduce my fiercest creatures.
Robbie 1 with Quad Gatling Guns

Robbie 2 with Quad Rocket Launchers

Just to show how fierce these creatures are check out the screenshots below.

Robbie 1 in action
Now that firepower, mates!

But not as fun as it is with Robbie 2
Especially when you get the drop on your enemies.
No psionic emissions for Reticulans or smell for the Beastmen to detect makes them a kind of stealth units under the right circumstances.

Incoming

Touchdown

The hunter and it's prey

Impending Beastman doom

If robots could laugh....

So robots/drone do have a role to play on the battlefield and what is most important of all. They are expendable.

#32 Martian base commander

new
Martian base commander

Alien collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

This one is mainly for you Gringo,as I know you love airborne warfare a lot.

My relatively inexperienced (for now) squad delivered some devastating concentrated fire on this BM and sent him hurtling into a nearby cliff!
Do you want to get the tape measure out Gringo,or shall I? I estimate:

Approx height: 4-5 metres
Approx trajectory: 60 - 70 degrees
Approx horizontal distance: 40-50 metres
Approx speed: 200 mph
Approx survival prognosis: extremely unlikely!
Humour: 10/10!  :bleh:  :what:

http://img134.images...28230332bq9.jpg

#33 Crazy Gringo

new
Crazy Gringo

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:15 AM

Nice one.... :what:
I am a sucker for Hollywood physics.  :bleh:

#34 Martian base commander

new
Martian base commander

Alien collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:36 PM

Just a quick message to some of my old pals,who I havent spoke with in a few months now.I will be back up on Mars in the very near future (with new shots hopefully),only I have been busy studying a Comp TIA A+ PC Technician's course.Hopefully this will provide me with the means to earn some serious money,and we all know what that means dont we? EVEN BETTER EQUIPMENT FOR UFO:AL!  :bleh:
So...wish me luck!

:what:

#35 Siegfried

new
Siegfried

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:15 PM

View PostBlueBlood, on 28th March 2007, 11:36pm, said:

Just a quick message to some of my old pals,who I havent spoke with in a few months now.I will be back up on Mars in the very near future (with new shots hopefully),only I have been busy studying a Comp TIA A+ PC Technician's course.Hopefully this will provide me with the means to earn some serious money,and we all know what that means dont we? EVEN BETTER EQUIPMENT FOR UFO:AL!  :bleh:
So...wish me luck!

:what:

Thems a lot of pretty letters in front of the only part of that course I could understand... technician.
Anywho good luck on it, will also help when AL throws the inevitable wobblies, you'll know how to fix it  :P

#36 Slaughter

new
Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:16 PM

Reading that Cert myself BlueBlood. Good luck!

#37 Martian base commander

new
Martian base commander

Alien collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the support Siegfried and Slaughter.

Good luck to you too Slaughter!

See you all VERY soon  :bleh:

#38 Aralez

new
Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

A screenshot from the demo. I lol'ed at the "Bluescreen of Death"  :D
Posted Image
Nice game. I felt a bit lost in the base user interface, though  :D

#39 Kret

new
Kret

Lieutenant

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

Yeah, I also laughed a bit when I saw the blue screens.

Don't worry about the user interface, the first impression with it can disorientate people. I myself spent at least 30 minutes or even more understanting each and every screen when I tried the demo. I should start posting images myself, I just keep forgetting.
There's always some dirt to dig out

#40 Slaughter

new
Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

Nice one Aralez! :D Hadn't noticed that one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users