Been playing afterlight?

DPG

Hello again old friends! :(

A friend told me yesterday that there's a third game in the series. I haven't played it, but i thought i'd check in to see whats new. I never did play the sequel, but i did ask around to see if my tools still worked around the time it was released, or maybe shortly after. Which i was told they did. From what ive read on the official site, both in the modding section and in the forum over there vfstool will still do the trick for Afterlight. So i guess you're set, and with ALTAR now providing documentation chances are mods will be even richer for this game. Good luck to all of you modders out there!

What else is up, what have i missed since my last login ages ago? :(

Hello old timer, long time no see! How are you doing?

Everything as usual around here. Afterlight was just released as you noticed, and I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. Did you play the demo?

As for your tools, they are still the number one choice for modders :(. That doesn't mean we do not need some fresh or expanded ones however... :(

Hello again old friends! :(

A friend told me yesterday that there's a third game in the series. I haven't played it, but i thought i'd check in to see whats new. I never did play the sequel, but i did ask around to see if my tools still worked around the time it was released, or maybe shortly after. Which i was told they did. From what ive read on the official site, both in the modding section and in the forum over there vfstool will still do the trick for Afterlight. So i guess you're set, and with ALTAR now providing documentation chances are mods will be even richer for this game. Good luck to all of you modders out there!

What else is up, what have i missed since my last login ages ago? :(

Well theres a import/export tool in the work but it will take some time, the game itself is not bad, although they still made some old failures (maps too small, ai non existant) but i do hope we can make some changes here and there

The maps are a little small, and can get very crowded. The AI can be dumb most of the time, marching straight at you. However, the r & d is a lot more expansive, and there is a lot more going on with different races and different events. I prefer it a great deal to the other two, a lot easier to get to grips with and much more fun to play without hammering at your monitor as it crashes yet again or trying to decifer what certain graphics are supposed to be.

DPG.

I agree with the simplicity of the game interface (compared to the predecessors),with a cleaner feel to it,everything is performing as it should.

I would'nt personally call the A.I dumb,just predictable most of the time,with the wave approach as you mentioned together with some outflanking attempts,and also ambushes now and then.The firepower of some of the enemies can also make the game much harder,especially if your squad is only in standard suits without armour.The robots are the easiest by far,predictable and fairly weak.Beastmen appear more structured and possess tactical knowledge.You were right about the maps,some of them are quite small,but for me just looking at the scenery and effects soon outweighs that little issue.The graphics (colours mainly) were a shock at first but now I have accepted the unique style of them.

By the way,I have not experienced a single crash yet! :(

My score: 9/10

Neither have I! The other two crashed like mad, this one hasn't yet! Apart from an issue the first few times I loaded it up when the screen was inexplicably too big for the monitor ( i couldnt see half of what was going on ) which corrected itself suddenly, it's run smoothly. And the long loading times for missions haven't been bad at all. The AI can be dumb, however the beast men have begun to retreat when under fire and tried flanking more. The maps themselves are very good, would just prefer them to be a little larger sometimes. The variety of weaponry is also a lot better, with a wide selection to pick from, rather than it take ages for you to develop them.