Play.com just posted my UFO: Afterlight preorder!

Slaughter

I was in one of the game pushers near work two days ago to hear if they got UFO: Afterlight friday the 9 th. (Today.) and they told me that it was Atari that there was handling the distribution in Denmark.

And according the game pusher Atari considers release dates a city in Russia as they are almost NEVER deliver the games on time to the dealers. :(

Let's see if that is the same situation in Sweden.... :(

If this keeps up I am buying it via Sprochet. No money to the lousy middleman....

You know,I find it astonishing that some countries havent even got shipments of :AL ! :D ,I mean I had no problems personally (here in England),I managed to get it on the day of release.

I feel sorry for you TYR,that you may have to wait until bloody March?!,thats grim.

Gringo,I am planning some new upgrades to conduct myself,namely a new PCI express m/b,dual core CPU and a nice muscle bound ATI X1950 card.

Current system specs: (for the record)

Lian-LI P60 case

Intel D875PBZ m/b , 800 FSB

2056 GB memory

Intel P4 ,3.0 Ghz

ATI X800 Pro

SoundBlaster Audigy 2

Saitek Eclipse keyboard (blue backlight of course for night assaults on UFO:AL) :(

Saitek 1200 DPI laser mouse (for extra precision when targeting Beastmen!) :(

All courtesy of:

www.overclockers.co.uk

Still no news of my shipment. I'm at work for now and I hope i'll have it today (amazon.co.uk told me it should arrive today).

Did you choose the express delivery or the 'ordinary' one?

Nice system there, Blueblood.

Currently mine is:

NZXT Lexa Case

500 Watts Thermaltake Toughpower PSU

Intel 975XBX "Badaxe" motherboard.

3.0 GHz Pentium D @ 3.0

Thermaltake Big Typhoon CPU Cooler with a NorthQ 120 mm aluminium fan.

2 Gb 667 Mhz GEIL RAM

2 x 80 Gb Seagate SATA harddrives (I need more space....1 Terabyte more perhaps...)

Plextor DVD-drive/burner with SATA interface

Inno3D Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS with 640 Mb RAM (Is going into my next beast of burden)

Ageia PhysX physics card.

If you are going for a dualcore....Go for a Intel Core 2 processor. At least until AMD's response is available sometime within the next few months. Then an AMD might be the better one.... :(

The same goes for the the graphics cards....The Geforce 8800 series is the king of the block right now but both ATI/AMD and Nvidia is coming out with some new ones within the next few months.

Cheers CG.

I like the sound of that 'badaxe' m/b you have :D

Personally speaking I only got into PC building/modding about ooh,4 yrs ago (played games all my adult life),and am constantly trying to learn as much as I can,I love it.

CPU wise I WAS actually planning the one you mentioned,just need the money thats all :(

The battle between ATI and Nvidia seems to ebb and flow constantly,but something has always made me go for ATI,dont know what but I just have.I forget the name of my old card now,but my ageing X800 Pro still holds up well :(

Having said that,I ordered Splinter Cell Double Agent from Amazon and was absolutely gutted when I realised my system didnt support shaders 3.0,hence my main reason to upgrade again.I think a lot of others fell into the same trap too (damn!).Its bad enough when your system doesnt support something,but to exclusively refuse to make the game run at all is VERY bad!.

Speak to you soon.

Still enjoying the game,are you?.

The preview edition expired when the demo was released. So I haven't been playing it for over a month now. My hands would be sweating and shaking if I hadn't all the other games that I am currently playing....

Hopefully I'll be playing UFO Afterlight tomorrow or at least this Thursday if Amazon/DHL lives up to their reputation.

KoMik.

Rather nice little collection of UFO:AL goodies there.What is the black box like a bar of soap?.Never seen those before.

My guess is that it is a frisbee... :(

DHL screwed up big time so I got my stuff from a game pusher instead.

So I am up and gaming UFO: Afterlight once more.

Edited by Crazy Gringo

• 2 weeks later...