Creating a Map HELP !

philip_keary

I dont know how to get the part up where i enter the size of my map and i get the wire mesh screen thing

I think you meant "New Item". If so, then...

- Click Templates tab (activate)

(- Create a new folder (like in Windows, right mouse click and select))

- Create New Item (to the folder, like in Windows)

There you go. :)

PS: Final map's Width and Height values should be dividible by 8 (16,24,32,40,48,56...)

KoMik thats great cheers mate.

I got my wire mesh square but now im having trouble with the textures. I have clicked create new layer (on teh right). I selected texture. Came out and clicked UK Grass 03. Then clicked on te brush tool at the top. But when i left click on the screen it doesnt paint any of the tiles or do anything .... What am i doing wrong ?

And also when i click on a wall and try to place it the left click does not drop it ? I simoply have a yellow outline of a wall that moves with teh cursor but i cannot figure out how to drop it or rotate it ...

I really would like to know cos there is 4 of us who are going start at mod... Or atleast have a go.

when i left click on the screen it doesnt paint any of the tiles or do anything
1. Do you have a Height Map layer? You need the Height Map layer to view the ground.

2. Do ya see a circle pointer (brush) moving on the map? If not then you might not have activated the Texture layer.

3. Have you selected the UK Grass 03 via the layer box? That's how it should be done.

There is another way to add ground textures. Spots looks better.

- Two layers: Height Map and Terrain Spots

- Select Spots tab

- Drag and drop spot items on the map (use caps lock to place some of them)

And also when i click on a wall and try to place it the left click does not drop it ?
From the Construction Kit tab, walls should be placed like drag and drop (click, hold on, move and release) on the map. You should see the current wall item when moving on the map. If not, then you may have not activated Wall layer's view or you have a wrong RES-dir in Preferences (main tabs).

Rotate contsruction parts using R-key (90 degrees at once).

What ever do u mean ? :)

Sorry to be a pain...

"Terrain spots: Add a terrain spots layer, (OK DONE THAT)

then add the "Spots" tab to the pane on the right side of the editor (under "Zone"). The stuff from the Spots tab can be dragged to the spots layer as usual. "

This doesnt really make sense to me, i cant find the Spots tab ?

This doesnt really make sense to me, i cant find the Spots tab ?
Yea, it doesn't make sense... :) :)

The default toolbar (under the main menu's entries), there is a button called Select tabs (=Show the list of resource tabs containing the lists of database objects). Click it, find and select Spots. This should open the Spot tab to the left side of the screen (like Templates, not on the right side where layers and properties are).

Spot tab and items in it works like Templates, Objects, Walls etc = Drag and drop to the map.

PS: If you wanna build a building after adding spots or textures to the terrain. I recomend to use smaller Template... ya can add it to the final map (check out how they have made the orginal templates).

KoMik cheers again mate. If its of any consequence im copying all the help on this forum and changing it to a dummys hand book for mods. I find most of the stuff on this forum isnt very clear and being a beginner its hard to get your head around. Obviously all this helps a lot and will go in.

I will get some screen shots up of our mod when we get going

Phil