Starforce?

Jodet

Starforce appears to be a dying beast, and not a minute too soon. I'm told it WILL NOT work with Vista, so there's yet one more reason companies are ditching it. (I think the wrecking your hardware and operating system was enough of reason, but what do I know?)

Has the Afterlight publisher commented on this yet?

-M

• 1 month later...
Has the Afterlight publisher commented on this yet?

The official statement by the developers is that afterlight will be protected by securom.

Although this may be a subject of change idoubt starforce will be used, securom is very

easy to break though

I have a dumb question after the mention of the incompatibility with Vista. At some point we're all going to be on Vista machines even if we don't eally want to be. So what happens to all our old games with the ever popular copy protection which sithe subject of this topic?

I have a dumb question after the mention of the incompatibility with Vista. At some point we're all going to be on Vista machines even if we don't eally want to be. So what happens to all our old games with the ever popular copy protection which sithe subject of this topic?

Completely untrue, in fact, with all the pretty toys that come with Vista, I'm seriously considering switching to Linux if I can't continue using my Windows XP.

Well first of all there are tools that may fake starforce, secondly there are mostly versions aviable without starforce, like for AS. I actually bought it again for like 20 bucks just to have it in english and without starforce. Infact i do believe that there will be either official or nonofficial suppliers who will provide the market with classic collections as long there is a demand, simple as that. And if not there will still be some freaks who do it on their own, hack the planet :)