Tunnel, Light Part 2

thecyke

Alright, so last time I mentioned Firaxis and X-Com I screwed up my source, but here I go again (I`m stubborn that way).

This quote is a quote posted on a forum where a lot of games industry workers hang out, so I`m confident it's authentic though I haven't been able to find where it came from.

"Publisher Infogrames and developer Firaxis will announce legendary designer Sid Meier's next game at a gala event to be held during E3. The companies will make their announcement the evening of May 14 from the Los Angeles Convention Center. The event comes four years to the day after Meier announced Civilization III at a similar gathering during E3 1999. Let the speculation begin."

Let's be realistic, there are an absolute shedload of licences owned between those two names, but I'm in the mood for some blind hope!! Besides, I find the phrase ;

"Publisher Infogrames and developer Firaxis will announce"

to be highly interesting.

Be good to us Sid, be good....

Well, we all have the right to dream, and i share your dream, but almost all firaxis' games these days are published by infogrames, or at least civilization 3 was.

Actually, who published sim golf? EA owns the sim license... and i couldnt find out who published alpha centauri...

Maybe someone else would know about this a bit more.

I was never saying "get real!" or anything like that, just doing a bit of correction work.

And I already said this in another thread once, but since no one seems to have noticed it i'll say it again; If i ever get into the games industry (thats a big IF, ok?), i'll ask Sid/infogrames/whoever if i can borrow the license and make one myself (with an actual team too ,of course :)). If it'll cost money, i'll make something else first, then spend the earnings on getting the license. But this will only happen if i get a job in the industry, AND if sid doesn't make an x-com game. If he does and I get into the industry, i leave it in his hands.

To be honest, i have quite a bit of alliance finished in my head (not all of it mind you), some of it stolen directly from XCAS, other things completely original. No, i will not tell the original ideas unless i get the license.

If anyone from XCAS wants to know what im stealing from them i'll list it.

(PSY GUY is back from the black hole of school work) The gaming world needs another x-com that can be at least close to par with the all mighty UFO: Enemy Unknown. Games have lost what makes a great game great and many new age gamers are too junked up on graphics to realize that there is more to gaming than almost real graphics. X-Com is "sleeper game that shocked the world" in 1994 and x-com needs to give the world a wakeup call from there misguided vision of "MORE GRAPHICS" at the cost of quality gameplay. Thats just my opinion I could be wrong. (borrowed from the mighty dennis miller).

I would like to see a steller x-com game that will revive the ideas of quality gameplay over "eye candy".

-PSY GUY- :)

(Lets just hope sid can make this ideal a reality or else i fear the world of gaming will fall victum to this invasion of the graphics) (kinda like x-com defending aginst the aliens :) )

Good news: i just had a precognitive dream (trust me, ive had em, and i can identify them), and it was about firaxis revealing a game with the name 'x-com' in it! i couldnt get the subtitle though!

Now with luck this dream will actually be accurate!