Colors are Crazy on XCOM:APOC

Zolokhan

Ok i have read through numerous topics .. got x-Com:Apocalypse going using the modified batch file etc.etc.etc. .... but now the colors are whacked out on the game. I suspect it is a SVGA problem with my newer graphics card but cannot find the elusive Display Doctor ( the company stopped supporting it -.-). I closed all programs that might conflict with it but am still getting messed up color pallette.

I remember this problem happening alot with Doom and some other old games ...

Any help would be great. X-com was the first PC game i ever bought long long time ago. I had a choice of either Diskette or CD ... i chose diskette because i never used a CD before :D

Har Har Har - now FIX MY GAME ><d

Ok my graphics card specs:

ATI Radeon x1950XTX

Refresh = 70

Resolution: Tried them all and no luck.

Color Depth: Also tried them all and no luck.

Is X-com:apoc able to run without a graphics card at all ? like the original 2 ? only way i got them to work was to just disable my card all together.

Thanks for any advice.

If you remove or disable your graphics card, you don't get any image on your monitor. At all. Even old 486 machines usually had a 1mb (2mb if they wanted to be fancy) graphics card slotted into them.

You can disable the hardware acceleration effects though, but I don't know if that'd help or not. I suppose there's no harm in trying.

Another option is to tweak the compatibility settings of the game, right? I'd've expected the display tweaks to do the job...

Some other guy had a graphics issue before, and found that if he tabbed out and then back into the game, it seemed to fix the problem. Either way, if that thread doesn't reveal a fix, it'll lead you to a whole bunch of other threads, one of which should point you in the right direction. :D