Sentences

Messer

Hi,

Whose sentences or which do you like most ?

I like Bob the grenadier. He's french and he has quite a strong accent especialy in these sentences:

-Caution will be essential for surviving this confrontation.

- Je suis ..... I am...... content

- It's nothing (or something) ...a scratch

Yea, H&S continues adding more humorous "acks" to Silent Storm's universe. One nice Hammer soldier death rattle:

How embarrassing...

H&S's main hero is quite ..hmm.. fundamental charcter but I think English translations were polished a bit from orginal Russian strings.

Even a blind squirrel finds a cone sometimes.

*Cough!*

It is not an addon. It is a standalone game based on a S3 mod. But it uses the same engine that has been improved even more then from S2 to S3.

Gameplaywise somewhat different from S2 and S3. It is stilla tactical-turnbased shooter but there is more RPG in the cauldron now.

You can love or hate it but most of us seasoned S2 and S3 players love it.

Otherwise lurk around the H&S section a bit and see if the game is in your taste.

Please do check out the screenshot section for some nice action. :D

By th way,

Do you know any program to decrypt the .RES compressed sounds of silent storm??

Because i tried to record some but since you don't know when they're going to happen it's quite hard.

Nope, sorry, no idea.

Damn, I wish I had the English version of Silent Storm. Don't get me wrong, the German dubbing is excellent, making Unreal II look like a baby seal clubber compared to Jesus - but still, I bet the German soldiers were a lot more funnier in English :D

But I'm interested in the soundfiles as well. My WinXP needs a new sound theme...

it's like that :

: Oreder conefirmede.

: Whena you worke harde you gete better.

They have quite a strong and fun accent, as you can see.

some of their sentence are also fun :

:Our goose is cooked.

French are good to. the voice and accent of Yves remind me my English teacher (i'm french :D )

Damn, I wish I had the English version of Silent Storm. Don't get me wrong, the German dubbing is excellent, making Unreal II look like a baby seal clubber compared to Jesus - but still, I bet the German soldiers were a lot more funnier in English :)

They sound more French than German.

When you listen to some of the accents it's obvious the same people did quite a few different characters and I'm not sure their skills were up to the mark. :D

They are, at best, very stereotypical accents, which makes them all the funnier to an Englander schwein like moi.

That's interesting, since the German dubbing really is excellent. Indian, Slovakian, Japanese, Russian, everything sounds very convincing. I probably used one third of all available characters for my squads yet, and I never recognized two using the same voice.

Just a few annoying translation mistakes - but that's more a H&S problem. Although in H&S you never know if it even made sense in the original :D

Anyway, getting a hand on the soundfiles would rock. With all the whacky shit that's said in all three games, I can make several kick-ass sound profiles for Windows.

Hi,

Whose sentences or which do you like most ?

I have always liked little Axel, for he was the first to make me laugh in the game:

You will have better luck next time. Or I will hang you myself.

And I like his biography too. (It is good that man from Jagged Alliance made the English dialogue.)