Spaceship "Retribution"

magenb

OK I have patch the game to 1.4 and I have every base on the planet, I have researched everything but Spaceship "Retribution". I've read through the forums and apparently I'm suppsed to get a mission. The problem is I've been playing for a very long time and I still have not come across this mission. Do you need to be a certain level before it occurs? Is there a way to force it to happen?

If you hold every single base on the planet (including the one in Antartica), then the game is supposed to give you a victory - a message should have come up telling you that you have liberated Earth from the aliens, and even though their off-world command centre is intact, they are incapable of posing a further threat.

Normally, the Retribution mission appears a few hours after your scientists complete research on the Queen's Lair, which reveals that the Reticulan command centre is on the far side of the moon. A message then comes up saying that you need to capture a battleship so you can transport your troops for the final showdown.

From what you have said, you should have either won the game or had the Retribution mission by now; I can only think of three possibilities why it hasn't happened.

- You may have missed one or more of the research prerequisites.

- You applied the patch part way through your current campaign and it has affected the game in an unpredictable way, in which case I'm afraid you would have to restart.

- You applied one or more mods, which has caused a problem, in which case you would have to uninstall the mod and restart the game.

If you think that you have missed a research prerequisite, then I would be happy to have a look at your savegame and see if I can work out what you need to do. If you're interested, send me a copy of the savegame as an attachment to a personal message. I would need copies of four files that can be found in the UFOAftermath/Profiles/(your campaign profile name) directory:

ProfileName.txt, UFOOptions.txt, and both the .VFS and .DESC files for the savegame.