xcom on psp

Munkeylord

I'd say it's very possible - assuming GBA is similar to PSP in structure. See, the Gollops have a game or two ported to GBA, and those games look to be almost identical to X-COM. And if it can be ported to GBA is should be able to be ported to PSP. :)

- Zombie

Long time no see, Munkey. :)

As I understand it, the PSP uses some sort of unique, weird programming design that no one likes. Including Sony's own dev teams.

So a port of a GBA game, or even an NDS game, is probably out of the question.

A PC emulator might do the job, but I doubt the PSP has enough grunt to run UFO that way. I tried DosBox on the more powerful X-Box system but didn't have much luck.

GP32x would probably be the best way to go, but I assume you want a PSP port because, well, you have a PSP. :)

hmm, well i got a pce for the psp. i need to downgrade but i'm not doing that till i get my other psp in the mail...dont' want to be stuck without some type of entertainment. i was thinking if the emulator works, possibly dosbox will work and then it should be easy from there "should" being the hopeful word there. well till then i'll be scarce again

The source code hasn't been released yet. You could try contacting the developers (see Slaughter's link), but I doubt they would be willing to part with it. Besides, Pocket UFO is optimized for the Pocket PC and is a radically altered version of the original. I still think you would be better off working with the PSX code. :)

- Zombie

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
actually guys there is another option besides the amiga version. by using popstation you can play the psx version in all it's glory on your psp. believe me i have it on there now and have been playing it when i have free time at work. just wish i could find the psx version of tftd but ooh well.

• 1 month later...