ugh bad save

crossmr

So I restarted this and was playing along. Doing the mission where you have to recover the archives (in the first set). I'm in the second part, I saved the game in there and accidentally got my main character SMG'd after killing the target. SO i reloaded, took out several guys and was jsut about to move in on the target. I thought "Why not save?". So I quickly saved my game, 2 seconds later it gives me the message saying objective failed, he made it to the exit. I reload, goto combat time. No dice, 1 turn and objective failed. I'm nowhere near him.

What a joke. I normally alternate my saves, but for some reason didn't feel the need this time so I have to play the entire mission over again.

Yeah I played it over again last night. This time I alternated saves. I tell you, I've never had so many guns jam and break. For only being like the 3rd mission Gator had the machine-gun (that first one you find, the one that only has long burst) it jammed 3 times and then finally broke. I'd given Nellie the silenced stein you find in the snitch mission (only his second mission of using it, I did 1 random mission) and it jammed twice and broke.