Sword of the Stars Goes Gold!

Slaughter

Lighthouse announced today that the upcoming 4x space game Sword of the Stars just went gold:

Haarlem, The Netherlands, August 1, 2006 – Leading entertainment software publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developer Kerberos Productions today announced that their highly anticipated 4X strategy game, “Sword of the Stars” has Gone Gold. Lighthouse is happy to inform the many SOTS fans and gaming fans in general, that the game will be available in North American retail stores on August 22nd and will begin shipping into various retail stores throughout Europe commencing September 1st.

You can read more about the game at the official site, and read the full press release at the Lighthouse site.

I hope they take their time to polish it up before release

Too late. Gold means the code is final and master copy delivered to the publishers. They did make some tweaks based on the demo feedback, but I doubt it was anything substantial this late in the game.

The game may well have gone gold but it doesn't necessarily mean it will make it to full publication. I've been bitten by SSE and their game The Fall which went gold back at the end of March but now seems to have fallen away into a forgotten crack in the toilet floor.

I hope they take their time to polish it up before release

Too late. Gold means the code is final and master copy delivered to the publishers. They did make some tweaks based on the demo feedback, but I doubt it was anything substantial this late in the game.

Let me rephrase, I hope they have taken the time to polish it up :drink: