Jagged Alliance 2 version 1.13

After reading a post by Komik about Jagged Alliance 2 and the 1.13 version mod I decided to try it out.

And all I can say is dang! They really put some effort into this mod. Let alone the numbers of weapons they put into the current build. I didn't even knew about more then half of the different weapons....

And the new kinds of ammo types. I had to read up on what the different kinds meant (Glaser, AET ammo types to mentions a few).

After spending some time pondering/testing the different kinds of weapons and ammo I finally went to play this fine game once again.

So if you have a version of Jagged Alliance 2 lying around somewhere I can only recommend that you give the 1.13 mod a spin.

https://v113.ja2mods.de/

The link is above for those interested in playing a revamped Jagged Alliance 2

Strategy First would probably be the best choice. Unless your local game pusher has a 'rarities' game section in he darkest corner of his shop where you might be lucky to find it. I found the Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire not to mention both S2 and S3 in such a dark corner.

I got my copy of Ja2 Gold from one of Amazon's resellers, otherwise, as previously stated you can get on Steam either individualy or in a pack with Disciples II: Galleans Return and Disciples II: Rise of the Elves

Ja2 on it's own is $19.95 and in the pack it's $29.95 + tax.

Not sure why people still bash Steam tho', never had a problem myself other than a few minor connection problems when it was first released. It's a hell of a lot more convenient than having to insert the CD each time you play a game due to stupid copy protection and unlike other game download services you can download the game as many times as you want without having to pay again.

• 1 month later...

JA2 Gold = Jagged Alliance 2 and Jagged Alliance 2 Unfinished Business (expansion).

JA2: Wildfire is a mod turned game. It's basically JA2 with a new campaign and so on I believe (released commercially).

1.13 mod adds and changes lots of stuff in JA2 (the source code was released I think).

• 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI for those of you interested in the 1.13 mod who aren't following things at the Bear's Pit...

We're coming up on another official release, lots of bugs are fixed, specifically a few very annoying and very nasty CTD's.

A 1.13 compatible map editor has been released, it has it's limitations, but it's stable, and it supports the externalized items in the XML files, the 255 tileset cap, and it's compatible with JA2 Maps.

Mobile Militia have been made trainable (Optionally, so you can turn them off completely, manually train them, or have them automatically generate as they do now).

Veteran militia are now trainable.

We've begun to externalize the beginnings of sector data, movement costs and alternate maps for now.

New armor coverage system (optional)

AutoSave has been fixed and enabled.

An Update from the 502 version, and a FULL download will be available in a week or so, maybe sooner. I beleive the map editor is going to be in a seperate install.

English, German, and Russian versions are now fully supported, and we just might have a Polish version soon.

• 1 month later...

I have Jagged Alliance, and Deadly Games, and Jagged Alliance 2, and Unfinished Business.

But that was not enough for me so I bought that JA2 with Wildfire (real game plus Wildfire "conversion"). And then I wanted more so I bought JA2 Gold as well (real game plus Unfinished Business).

Also many mods like Deidranna Lives and everything.

And then I downloaded this very, very good 1.13 conversion (it is more than a mod to me). I love it! But then I have always loved the game from first time I played the demo. (I do not like JA1 and DG so much, but they are just DOS.)

Go play 1.13!