Nutty things you have done?

10of40

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked a floater corpse in the inventory screen... and it said it was loaded with heavy plasma clip like it was a gun or something. so i said, "ill see what happens when i unload it." so i did and i unloaded out popped a clip. still said it was loaded. emptied the corpse again after dropping the first clip. it ended up with 11 clips :D would anyone have an explanation of this weird occurence?

just downloaded the 1.4 patch

The nuttiest thing I've ever done was this

I beat X-COM UFO ENEMY UNKNOWN

ON SUPERHUMAN

NO SAVES OR LOADS- (Except for when I'd exit the game)

I screamed, I cried, I peed my pants....

I nearly lost my skyranger several times,

and won many, many a fight with one guy remaining,

But also had to abort many many a mission with one guy remaing =]

Ultimately beat Cydonia, with one guy left... with his last blaster bomb... from the green starting point... fired it to the control room, forced the shot to go straight up in front of the main control room door... To hit the Brain on the second level...

Dear Lord... That was an experience

I was a mental wreck after that exploit.... =]

Well...lets see. There was the time that I walk into a barn and saw a grey bug eyed creep i front of a window, standing on a bail of hay. I unloaded on him and not only did he bite the big one but so did the alien behind the window that I couldn't see. :D

But the real luckiest thing that ever happened to me in X-

COM was when I had moved a solider on to a flat rooftop to do some scouting. I went to move him to the middle of the roof for better perspective but automatically stopped when he observed an alien. Having not enough time unit left to run, and the alien being only 6 or 7 grid squares away my only choice was to shoot it. Except I had only the laser guided missle launcher available. So I shot straight up in the air hooked it and had it detonate inback of the alien. So what happened? The aliens' toast, half the roof and building are totally destroyed all the way up to within just one grid square of my soldier, and he was undamaged!

I just sat there and stared at the screen for, like two minutes, in complete awe. One more coumn of squares and that would have been one less guy to go home. :devil:

Last one...real quick. Dropped an alien.....end of turn.....explosion goes off and sceams. Must have been ready to throw a plasma grenade, cause it not only vaporized his body, but three other aliens within his immediate area. :D

Guest Sasquatch

At one point in a crash investigation, I had a lone floater pinned inside a house with a marine positioned at each door. I had the two marines prime grenades and tossed them in at once, so needless to say, that was one crispy floater. :D

I think I incinerated the poor bastard because the victory prompt said I recovered all the alien corspes except for one. :devil:

i played in TFTD and the first very large, in superhuman, landed.

i jumped at the oppportunity.

u know when u have 8 soldiers then the last 2 stays really rookies?

i moved everyone to the entrace and they put them all asleep, except the 2 rookies, and one got molecular control.

i completly finished my 1st dreadnought with a rookie, just like i got him at the begining of the game!!!

i had all the sonic weapons and small launcher though.

i even got him to sleep the aquatoids commander and navigator.

i was so proud at the little rookie, he has proven himself to the elders.

p.s. - no armor, only 1 load (sorry).

Just for fun (and cos I was bored from killing so many snake-men and destroying alien ships), I equipped two of my squad mates with the psi-amps and have everyone else go out and find these aliens. When I find all of them, I gain control of the aliens and try to put them into one group. I just let each of them just kill each other, but if I'm really lucky and one of them that has a blaster launcher (hehehe... See those alien gibs fly!), I just let that one alien fire at the middle and let em' rip!

I know... I have too much time on my hands... But its a good think I get paid to sit on my butt and do either homework or play games... I love it!

Take Care and Peace!

-PHOENIX :D

I ran out of armor, sent an unarmored rookie with an armoured team to attack a battleship. He was on the front line. He killed eleven aliens, this being his first mission, and LIVED.

He died later, mores the pity. No psi strength on him, either. https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/confused.gif

the last nutty thingy i did was a week ago on apocalypse...i'll put in the the X-COM world....

Calvin Ishi-Squad Leader,hired from the muton allegance,highest psionic skill on team...

Arms: one devestator cannon,two AP grenades,two stun grenades,one IN grenade,one medkit,one vortex mine,one personal disruptor sheild,one mind bender

Armour: full Marsec flight suit

After the loss of seargent Kevin Dodge in a UFO recovery mission,Ishi's best friend, Squad leader Ishi felt that he needed to take his anger out on somebody...

He ran out of the base and into the garage where he grabbed his blazer turbo bike and rode off into the night...afetr about five minutes of being AWOL,he decided to make his stop at the Temple of the Apocalypse,owned my the Cult of Sirius...

After his unwelcome entry,Ishi cold heartedly slaughtered over twelve men and women while stuffing two psiclones in his pockets,then commited an act of arson by tossing his IN grenade and deliberately burning the room that looks like,or what used to look like,a sanctuary...he returned to The Hive (my base name) and parked his turbo bike...after selling his newly aquired psiclones,he went to his quarters and bedded for the rest of the night....the bodies were found the very next day...Police chief Wiggum :D said that he and the rest of Megapole would not be doing anything about it because they simply did not care...(besides...the cult raided megapole a few days earlier)...end of story... :D

(hey...don't look at me that way...i did'nt expect to live through that lil incident...it was just a lil play thing i wanted to to before i got off of the game...but i watched a psionic master take out an entire temple of cultists...lol)

We need to get Carlos in here. His idea of a challenge is to mod his troops into insignificance, play through the game, lower their stats yet furthar, repeat...

Superhuman mode just doesn't cut it for some people. https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/confused.gif

Heh, I guess I take a slightly opposite approach to the same idea. Instead of using atrophied soldiers with good weapons, I try to go on with mediocre/unsieved soldiers and lousy weapons. :D

I don't know why, but I feel that starting a new campaign is always a lot more satisfying than ending it.

- NKF

P. S: I didn't mean modified weapons. Just your plain vanilla good weapons.

I don't think Carlos improved his weapons... but then I don't remember at all...

Starting a new campaign? Hmm... I know I don't tend to finish the campaigns much these days... once you have supremacy, that's it... but then, it would only take two missions once your armed, one to get the commander and the other to trash cydonia.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm let's see......

When I first started playing UFO it was with a load of mates. And we renamed everyone.

Fighting a Muton small scout Maggie Thatcher (yes yes :D ) spotted an offending Muton. See was out of TU so it fell upon Will Smith (Yes ID4 has just come out) to do away with the big nasty. Things didn't go as planned. Will's aim wasn't very good and as Maggie crumpled to the ground having been shot in the back of the HEad by a Heavy Laser her death screams were drowned out by us albsolutely p*ssing ourselves laughing

TFTD also has a wierd experience. One of us decided to use a cheat at the time...but this cheat couldn't affect Psi talents and when our man got MC'ed and killed the entire squadron with his Gauss Pistol doing 250 explosive dmg taking 1 TU to fire, he understood his folly and we went back to normal....CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER....unless they do it properly.

hmm...thats not too bad...when i am in a tough situation,especially inside of a base...i'll at least stun the commander and carry his ass back to the lift pad...or in a battle ship,the leader or commander is comming with me even if i must abort...or even if i don't have a reading on that particular alien race or rank...it's a really smart thing to do...

• 2 weeks later...
Just for fun (and cos I was bored from killing so many snake-men and destroying alien ships), I equipped two of my squad mates with the psi-amps and have everyone else go out and find these aliens.  When I find all of them, I gain control of the aliens and try to put them into one group.  I just let each of them just kill each other, but if I'm really lucky and one of them that has a blaster launcher (hehehe...  See those alien gibs fly!), I just let that one alien fire at the middle and let em' rip!

I've done this before too... And I've also carried around alien corpses in my men's backpacks like someone else mentioned...

But the "nuttiest" thing I do that no one else seems to have mentioned, is mind control any alien as soon as I see them and then get them to drop ALL of their items (inc. grenades from their inventory screen) until I've got a level full of unarmed aliens and then run around HUNTING THEM DOWN one-by-one! :D lol

I don't consider it nutty, just cruel, but on a twist to what pumkinhead mentioned, instead of hunting down all the disarmed aliens, I herd them all to one spot, form a firing line, and then let my slow reaction and low accuracy soldiers shoot away. It's a quick and easy way to raise up reaction fire and shooting accuracy.

Guest Sasquatch

I beat the game in one shot. Not 'one shot' as in 'single try', but literally a single bullet that went through space, cut threw two UFO's, and hit the mother brain in Cylonia. By the way, it was a primative handgun bullet.

I am the best.