58 replies to this topic

#41 Snikers

Snikers

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 09:14 PM

I think I remember Carlos doing something to his weapons, way back when, but I don't think it made it easier for him...
Snikers Enterprises: Making you look good in comparison for over 50 years

#42 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 03:02 AM

What Carlos DID was, he posted pages upon pages ofhis recommended weapon specs. Posted Image
BB's X-Com Projects Page - X-Com Games At GamersGate
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
We love Tammy! :)

#43 Boomer

Boomer

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 09:28 PM

Hmm let's see......

When I first started playing UFO it was with a load of mates. And we renamed everyone.

Fighting a Muton small scout Maggie Thatcher (yes yes  :D ) spotted an offending Muton.  See was out of TU so it fell upon Will Smith (Yes ID4 has just come out) to do away with the big nasty.  Things didn't go as planned. Will's aim wasn't very good and as Maggie crumpled to the ground having been shot in the back of the HEad by a Heavy Laser her death screams were drowned out by us albsolutely p*ssing ourselves laughing

TFTD also has a wierd experience.  One of us decided to use a cheat at the time...but this cheat couldn't affect Psi talents and when our man got MC'ed and killed the entire squadron with his Gauss Pistol doing 250 explosive dmg taking 1 TU to fire, he understood his folly and we went back to normal....CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER....unless they do it properly.

#44 Stewart

Stewart

Chief Senior Base Architect, Project Xcom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:24 AM

When I first started playing, my very first ground mission I started carrying corpses and stuff back to the skyranger.
We put our first base in Hawaii.  For a while it was great; we'd lie on the beach all day drinking Tom Collins and admiring polynesian women.  But then the aliens showed up and basically everything went south after that.

#45 knight_of_the_ravens

knight_of_the_ravens

Tueven esent eflientes ve comb de vaut.....morta fae!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 10:57 AM

hmm...thats not too bad...when i am in a tough situation,especially inside of a base...i'll at least stun the commander and carry his ass back to the lift pad...or in a battle ship,the leader or commander is comming with me even if i must abort...or even if i don't have a reading on that particular alien race or rank...it's a really smart thing to do...
And in the time after death comes the judgement when the highest of the angels of light shall open the book...and the damned who fail shall be condemned to an eternity of torment in a prison...HOTTER THAN THE SURFACE OF THE SUN!!!
i just can't wait!!!

CPL Calvin Chavez
psionisist/scout - Kappa Team
Status -- Deceased
Reason -- KIA

#46 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 10:22 PM

I tried that in TFTD once. The wretched thing was dead on return to base. Worked in UFO though... I'd consider fatal wounds if I hadn't hit it with a stun launcher. Posted Image

#47 Pumpkinhead

Pumpkinhead

Vengeance: The Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 02:23 AM

PHOENIX, on Nov 11 2003, 06:44 AM, said:

Just for fun (and cos I was bored from killing so many snake-men and destroying alien ships), I equipped two of my squad mates with the psi-amps and have everyone else go out and find these aliens.  When I find all of them, I gain control of the aliens and try to put them into one group.  I just let each of them just kill each other, but if I'm really lucky and one of them that has a blaster launcher (hehehe...  See those alien gibs fly!), I just let that one alien fire at the middle and let em' rip!
I've done this before too... And I've also carried around alien corpses in my men's backpacks like someone else mentioned...

But the "nuttiest" thing I do that no one else seems to have mentioned, is mind control any alien as soon as I see them and then get them to drop ALL of their items (inc. grenades from their inventory screen) until I've got a level full of unarmed aliens and then run around HUNTING THEM DOWN one-by-one! :D lol
"The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO; Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and refracted the light from Venus."
-- K, Men In Black

#48 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:46 AM

I consider the alien bunching technique a valid strategy, taking out loby men can require a small amount of ammo so it's much easier to just hit them all with one, big missle.

#49 Squaddie01

Squaddie01

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 10:44 PM

I don't consider it nutty, just cruel, but on a twist to what pumkinhead mentioned, instead of hunting down all the disarmed aliens, I herd them all to one spot, form a firing line, and then let my slow reaction and low accuracy soldiers shoot away. It's a quick and easy way to raise up reaction fire and shooting accuracy.

#50 Guest_Sasquatch_*

Guest_Sasquatch_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2003 - 11:25 PM

I beat the game in one shot. Not 'one shot' as in 'single try', but literally a single bullet that went through space, cut threw two UFO's, and hit the mother brain in Cylonia. By the way, it was a primative handgun bullet.

I am the best.

#51 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:04 AM

... Posted Image

Yegods, what was the firing accuracy?

#52 M. Hoz

M. Hoz

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:21 PM

You could have at least spelled Primitive right.
Sorry for wasting your time and space....

#53 Guest_Sasquatch_*

Guest_Sasquatch_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2003 - 04:29 PM

So I accidentally put an 'l' instead of a 'd'. Get over it.

#54 Grease Spot

Grease Spot

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 03:21 PM

Took a couple of my unconscious folk and tossed them up on top of a ship along with their toys so they could work from the top down once they came to.  Side note:  make the hole with the blaster launcher *first* before tossing your squaddie up there.  Need dwarves so they can be tossed further.  Hey, it was before flying suits, wottaya want?  Found out that you can't stun your squaddies with the stunsticks though the small launcher does fine.  :angel:

#55 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 02:50 AM

Now that is really rather good. Both nutty, and practical! Posted Image

Greets to the board, man! Posted Image

#56 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 04:09 AM

Takes a while to wake up though.
"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."
-- Krusty the Clown, "The Simpsons"

#57 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 04:26 AM

Would throwing your troops around add to their stun count or subtract? Posted Image

#58 Insanecabbage

Insanecabbage

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 02:43 AM

Grenade gets tossed and lands next to the intended soldier. Without thinking I move the soldier to pick it up to continue the relay. BOOOM!  Hmmm. Not many soldiers left in the skyranger.
I did the same sort of thing i got my grenade ready for man in front and i primed it at 0 secs how clever? Thank god u can save in battle  :D
Style is buying your moms a house
Style is a clean mouth
Style is puppy breath
Style is no fear of death
Style is Ali's jab
Style is hailing a cab
Then U know, givin' 'em the finger when they pass your ass!

#59 EclipseDog

EclipseDog

Wagging the Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:23 AM

Nuttiest thing I ever did was something when I first began to get (please don't kill me for saying this...) bored with the game the first time around.

I decided to liven things up by making the game really weird... I stuck all eight bases within 10 miles of each other.

Now I don't know about you but to me that definitely deserves a :crazy: or a ;) smilie. Oi the things I do when I start to get bored, heh...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users