Casualties

Lonestar

Since I am currently unable to play X-Com I will send you my casulties list now. This is about 2 or 3 years into the game. I never reloaded no matter what.

Sectoids: 92 killed 3 captured

Cyber Discs: 10 killed one captured

Floaters: 171 killed 5 captured

Reapers: 4 killed 2 captured

Snakemen 44 killed

Chrysalids 4 killed

Sectopods 9 killed

Ethereals 28 killed 5 captured 2 being leaders

Mutons 31 killed 4 captured

Celatid 1 killed

Silacoid 1 killed

36 U.F.O.s destroyed and salvaged

2 bases destroyed

Total 395 killed 20 captured

X-Com Ops: 248 killed 6 M.I.A.

Rocket Tanks: 4 destroyed

Cannon Tanks 2 destroyed

Interceptors: 2 destroyed

Skyrangers: 8 lost

Civilians: 102 killed

Cities: 8 destroyed

1 X-Com base destroyed

China,Japan and South Africa made pacts with the aliens.

There you have it. I wish I could hve listed which cities were destroyed, but oh well.

I would be interested to see the casultie lists from you X-Com vetereans out there.

Wow you actually kept a record of each of your missions? All I know is if I added up all my kills from my current two strike teams not counting kills from deceased soldiers or sacked soldiers, I would have well over a 1000 kills I'm sure. Considering that my Commander has over 120 kills alone. In terms of UFO's downed, I must be at about UFO #270. Some have gotten away. I've probably lost 2-3 Interceptors. I've lost no tanks since I rarely take tanks on a mission. Actually the only two times I took out a tank or two was on a night Ethereal Battleship mission and recently on an Ethereal Base assault.

I finally just finished a game for the first time in years. When I originally got the game I of course played it a ton and finished several games. Within the past few months I rediscovered XCOM and have been playing it but I would never actually finish a game. I do this with some other games as well, play to a point where I know I can win, then it gets boring and I quit. Anyway, it was September when I launched to Cydonia and I'm not sure what number of UFOs I was up to but I think it was like 130ish. I had forgotten just how trivial the game, and Cydonia becomes once you reach that point. I had a packed Avenger with psi-strong troops and blaster launchers and ripped through everything no problem. The early and midgame really is the most fun, before psi, and when you're struggling to get your soldiers in good armor and with better weapons.

Time to move on to TFTD!

Slaughter

Or you can go over to the Gaminglounge and download the WIN32 version of UFO: Enemy Unknown. You have to apply this patch, or turn off hardware acceleration to make it work though. Enjoy! :(

https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/index...p?showtopic=131

Fox, why can cannot play XCOM? i had just download a window version and is playing it on my P3 XP computer.

All i need to do is to set the hardware acceleration to none. :(

I finally just finished a game for the first tI had forgotten just how trivial the game, and Cydonia becomes once you reach that point.  I had a packed Avenger with psi-strong troops and blaster launchers and ripped through everything no problem.

Try tackling Cydonia without Psi-Amps.....if that still doesn't thrill you leave the blaster launchers home or bring only human weaponry.

Fox, why can cannot play XCOM? i had just download a window version and is playing it on my P3 XP computer.

All i need to do is to set the hardware acceleration to none. :(

Whoa, how did you know I can't play X-COM? I didn't see it in this thread... maybe you are stalking me... :(

But yeah, I've tried setting it to zero, and it still gets all garbled. The slowdown program (turbo?) doesn't work either. The game is still incredibly choppy. I just need to get a PS1 X-COM I think. Which reminds me... I need to make a post about that...

I got no prob with doing Cydonia with no psi or blaster bombs or tanks. But man it gets hard with just human tech.

How did you keep track of all your deaths and losses and kills? You sit there and write it all out each time you killed something or lost something?

First off I would just like to say that I played it with just human technology with the exception of alien alloys, U.F.O. technology, mind probes and Small Launchers.

The way I was able to keep track of the casulties was simple. Say I go to a terror site. Upon exiting the Interceptor I immedietly encounter sectoids. Knowing that sectoids always travel with cyberdiscs I would talley each kill of a cyberdisc I get. When the mission is over I read the alien kills and subtract from that the cyberdisc kills. Then tally everything else. Which ends up to alot of tally marks! When my brother saw it he said X-Com would have to start hiring old men and children! :(

Whoa, how did you know I can't play X-COM?  I didn't see it in this thread... maybe you are stalking me...  :(

Well you say it in the very first sentences of this thread, it go like this

"Since I am currently unable to play X-Com"

Try downloading this patch. It work even with acces on full.

*link removed due to warez*

The problem is xcomutil will not work with it.

Edited by Tammy

Whoa, how did you know I can't play X-COM?  I didn't see it in this thread... maybe you are stalking me...  :(

Well you say it in the very first sentences of this thread, it go like this

"Since I am currently unable to play X-Com"

Try downloading this patch. It work even with acces on full.

https://www.gaminglounge.net/modules.php?op...q=getit&lid=122

The problem is xcomutil will not work with it.

Actualy the current version of Xcomutil includes a version of thease patches. (as the sorce code is availible) that is fully compatible... I know because I use it :(

Scott was going to realease 9.4 today so it's about time to download the newest release.

-Blade FireLight

• 2 weeks later...

i've never had MIA problems before...i mean...even though it's just a game, u should never leave a man behind (unless of course they've been wasted)

but even the unconcious and knocked cold wounded...have some agents risk it all to go running towards the fallen comrad with guns blazing at the enemy, stick the fallen but living comrad inside your back pack...and run your asses back to the ships...even if the extra weight suppresses some of your tu's...it's pathetic to leave

others behind... :D

• 3 months later...

Okay! I'm back! My computer died and I lost everything! Except X-Com! I backed up my X-Com files! They were the only things that could fit on a floppy. ;)

So here's an updated casulties list:

Sectoids: 111 captured 3

Cyberdiscs: 12 captured 1

Floaters: 213 captured 5

Reapers: 4 captured 2

Snakemen: 54

Chrysalids: 8

Sectopods: 18 captured 1

Ethereals: 51 captured 5 Two being leaders

Mutons: 130 captured 9

Celatids: 10

Silacoids: 7

U.F.O.s shotdown 82

Bases destroyed: 7

Total Aliens Killed: 618

Total Captured: 26

X-Com Ops: 339 M.I.A. 7

Rocket Tanks: 7

Cannon Tanks: 3

Interceptors: 2

Skyrangers: 9

Bases: 1

Civs: 150

Pacts: China, Japan, South Africa, Brazil, Canada, U.S.A., U.K.