TFTD sound trouble

warpmaster

Hi all!

I have some trouble with Gold Edition of X-Com: TFTD. I have downloaded the 2 X-Com, 1 and 2. The installation of X-COM:Ufo defense have no problems. Graphics ok, sound ok, music ok.

But in Terror from the Deep, the music no work.

-I install the game in a directory folder, C:\X-com2.

-I rename the terror.exe to Terror from the deep.exe, and i execute the patch, ldr_XCOM2.exe

-The music only works in presentation(trailer) of the game(because is a video).

-I start the new game and all works correctly. Graphics and sound(sound of the buttons, shoots of the weapons,etc.), but not the music. If i start a combat mission i can listen the shoots,bombs, etc. but not the music :drink:

What can i do? :drink:

Thanks a lot.

The game uses sythesiser sequences for the music. Since you're playing the collectors edition of TFTD, the game uses actual midi files. You might want to check your midi/synth sound volumes in Window's volume control.

To test your midi/synth sound volumes while you're adjusting it, you can open up any of the midi files in the game's sounds\ folder and play that while you're changing your volume settings.

- NKF

I think that my problem is more serious :drink: unfortunately.

I have revised the sound controls, the midi bar and all is ok. The midis in sound folder, sound well. But, when i execute the ldr_XCOM2.exe and games start, i have the same trobule. The music is off. Then, i jump to the windows(while, the game is being executed) and try another time, the midi sound folder and now, the midis executed with Media Player don't sound.

I don't know if i am explain well the situation :drink:

Thanks.

PD: its strange, in x-com:ufo all works good.

Checking the FilePlanet download, I see the TFTD version has a different patch version then the UFO one - Since I know f0dders patch is also supposed to fix a music issue of some sort, perhaps extracting these updated versions to your game folder and running them instead will help?

loaders.zip

Checking the FilePlanet download, I see the TFTD version has a different patch version then the UFO one - Since I know f0dders patch is also supposed to fix a music issue of some sort, perhaps extracting these updated versions to your game folder and running them instead will help?

Thanks by the information, but not work :drink: Perhaps is the diferent version that you comment, the problem of all. I don't know. I will have to continue playing X-Com: UFO :drink:

Are there another way to play x-com2?mmm, Dos simulator or something? I don't find this option in forum.

Thanks another time :drink:

• 1 month later...
Hi, sorry to bring up an old thread but the problem was never solved and I've been having the same problem until now. I have an Audigy 2 sound card and it turns out that the midi drivers don't work with the CE versions, in control panel load up 'Sounds and Audio Devices' click the 'Audio' tab and change the default midi device to 'Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth' also tick 'Use only default devices'. I now have working music and I can finally play X-COM again :) ...now to get Apoc working :)

• 3 weeks later...

So you can play the midi files used by the game, but the game won't play them. f0dder's patch doesn't fix it, you're sure your midi volume isn't muted, and the various devices don't work either.

I'm stumped again. :)

Only things I can think of involve upgrading DX/sound drivers. What OS are you using, by the way?