Huh.

DocFrance

So I was sifting through an old e-mail account of mine, and found an odd message inviting me to return to some forum at "strategycore.co.uk." I had never heard of the place, but nonetheless, I clicked the link out of curiosity.

Wow. Just... wow. This place brings back memories.

In case you're wondering who this jerk is, I've been a rabid avid fan of the X-COM series since around 1994. I was a regular poster at the old Your X-COM: Apocalypse Source message board (back in the days before VB and the likes!) during the late 90's. When that place finally died for whatever reason, I moved on to this place (at the time, xcom.co.uk, I believe), where I participated in a terribly-writtenrole-playing Apoc fanfiction. Those were good times. And then I just left, for some reason, around 2002.

To everyone else who might remember me... Hi.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's great to see you again... Now get back to that terribly written apocalypse fanfic :drink:

That said... Are you sure the email wasn't a PM from me trying to get you back into writing? A little while ago I contacted every fanfic poster with an invitation to return to duty. That may be what you got :drink:

• 2 weeks later...