X-COM Genesis

thecyke

You know how I`ve been hinting at how good this Genesis part of my Dave Ellis Interview is going to be? I lied - it's even better than that.

Design doc exerpts, concept art, full storyline etc you will completely freak out when you read it :)

Here it is !! Big thanks to Dave Ellis for his hard work in those answers and his generosity.

I defy you to not trash your room and swear at gaming company suits for stopping this game from being made :o

UPDATED>> Check out that articles forum thread for some interesting comments, especially the ones made by Dave Ellis!!

GOSH!

Just had the equivalent of a plasma blast on my head reading that. :)

It's interesting that the storyline of Genesis was to be very much like Mythos own' Freedom Ridge in the contest that Earth was about to be taken over by the aliens and you'd be fighting with a guerrilla force.

That's an amazing interview cyke...I hope some of the admins take notice of it and use it to update the Genesis section of the site :)

Good god, now we just NEED genesis. If only sid meier would announce whatever the heck he is working on at the moment already (he was due to do that in october...)

Hmmm... if thats not a possibility, i plan to be a games designer at one point (still in junior year in high school though...). What are the chances of firaxis just giving me the license, or how much would it cost? (Not doing this until i become a games designer, IF i become a games designer, so dont get your hopes to flying high)

Wow, did anyone read the genesis story, man, Mega-Primus wiped away in no-time, aliens take over earth, small groups of survivors still fighting....Where did I read a similar story-line, ok, in Aftermath maybe the Tranquility from the frontier won't show up, but in bigger lines it matches, are we still getting our "Genesis"?