are there any modern mod for the game?

swatman

The short answer....No. At least not to my knowledge.

Modding in modern weaponry could be done I guess....

Making a modern version of the game could be done due to the flexibility of the game engine. I mean they have used it make Night Watch. ;)

It is more a question of the story that you would like to tell....Jagged Alliance on the Silent Storm engine anyone?

Modding in modern weaponry could be done I guess....

I think it's possible oh jea but could make playing more troublesome. I mean, gamers couldn't never left characters to range of enemy vision at end of turn - or BANG! Anyway, I would be interested to try a mod like that.

I mean they have used it make Night Watch.

I luv the modelled Moscow! (not played yet) It's a good example of how modern buildings can be done to the S^world.

Hmm... one possibility for a modern mod could be like this: Mod maker(s) use only AKs + some old stuff. Present campaign should be then placed to some situation where superpowers (and Europeans) are/were not involved or full fictional story/world.

I myself would absolutely like to play (and work) with a some western large scale RPG mod. Just some 'Peacemakers', Winchesters, tomahawks, bows etc. - but that's simple me. ;)

PS: Brandeburg was modelling some old and new weapons for Silent Storms... I hope he hasn't closed down.

my project did not aborded, and I am keeping it warm in its nest. but I had no time!

My new company hiring me 6 days a week and 12 to 13 hours a day... so It is quiet diffficult to work on any Mod !

But modding firing weapons is the hardest part of the mod, MAYA is quiet difficult to use I did "easily" knives and trench shovel and some friend did the submachine guns, but it is hard task !

• 1 year later...