UFO Defence poll

LTNS

:):(;):(;);););):(;):):):):(:D:D:D

Some of these answers seem stupid, but lets all be honest. Has there ever been a time where you would just like to load an alian grenade up a civilians butt? or shoot a rookie who fell under mind control? Not to mention when you slave over everycountry in the world keeping them save at your expence but they still cut their funding? you bet there has been!

• 3 weeks later...
Damn those funders! Damn you funders! How can anyone be stupid enough to sign treaties with creatures that mutilate their cattle, citizens, steal, murder etc, even after the peace treaty has been signed.

It must be the funders, we worked hard and they throw us out. They expect their little bit of cash to help?

I find it hard to believe that noone's voted for Chryssalids but then neither did I :( They're my alien vote but overall I'd say it's the funding nations that tick me off :(

Ethereals and civilians and funders, we cannot ready do anything to stop their action.

Chryssalids! we fear them but we can also deal with them fair straigth forward. SHOOT them with big guns :angel:

Eten

I have to say I hate the mutons. Personally. I've seen them take 3 heavy plasma rounds and not drop.

If it were a choice between Ethreals and mutons, I'd take the Ethreals any day of the week, provided I know my own PSI stats. Why? Ethreals drop in 1/2 hvy plasma shots, and carry their OWN heavys.

Screening new soldiers is expensive, but so necessary.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Has been and always will be Chryssalids for me.

Memories of my first mission vs them when I went in confidently with my Laser pistol toting dogooders in Personal Armour, and got summarily wiped off the face of the map, losing 2 guys to Sankeman fire and a full 6 + Tank to our grinning demon of doom :hmmm:

Ethereals also gave me a munching first up but having encountered them and managing to stun one I proceeded to avoid them for a small while and get rid of anyone who had pants Psi Skill. After that it's only the lovely Sectopod to worry about :D OK maybe Ethereals aren't my favourite either.........

Ah for those days of the floppy version when we didn't know what was coming next....... *sniff*.....good days.

Boomer